Clif energy bars

I just bought three from the store and tried them and im going to have to say, they are the best tasting energy/granola bars Ive ever had. They are very tasty yet organic, and their also very moist so they double as hydration. I think they would be great to take along for long distance unicycling.

clifbar.jpg

image.gif

Does anybody else prefer these over any others?

heck yes! Those things are amazing! I used them in Moab last year. They fill you up, and they taste good. :wink:

Love em’ yum dad likes em the most.

Show me how you can drink one of those bars, then we can talk. Personally, I need a liter of water just to wash one of those rocks down my throat.

+1

I can’t view these things as anything other than a tool to fix a bad bonk, fitting somewhere between the antibiotic ointment and the spoke wrench. Sometimes I debate with myself whether or not anti-seize would taste better.

i love these bars the green oatmeal one is good for breakfast if your in a hurry and the 2 peanut butter ones are really good anytime

Cliff will do in a pinch (actually I prefer Luna)

…but I’m really all about the Larabar (organic, raw, fair trade, simple, vegan and tasty).

larabar.JPG

Clif Bars are the best of the high-density energy bars, though that’s not saying much. It is worth noting that they’re not really organic; they are “made with organic ingredients,” which is a funny way of saying they’re made with non-organic ingredients.

…except for Lara bars :wink: …of which I just got a box of their chocolate series at Costco BTW.

Having some organic ingredients is better than none, and I believe you have to have a repectable percentage before you can use the “made with organic ingredients” label.

Besides, energy bars made solely from inorganic ingredients are hard on the teeth.

I think Clifs taste better than some bars, but I disagree with the claim that they’re hydrating. I need to wash them down with many gulps of water. Also, I like to have something salty to balance out how sticky-sweet the Clifs are.

Try the Clif Mojo bars, they’re salty/savory.

I love these things…I practically live on them in the summer when im biking…Try the mint chocolate one.

I’ve always kinda thought that this was by purposeful design. It’s important to drink a lot of water when exercising and these force you to. I really like Clif Bars. I like most of the available flavors and they do seem to have a balance of ingredients that’s good for both short term and long term energy. They’re not too sweet either. Personally, I don’t care for much sweet stuff. I don’t like the chocolate covered bars. I’ve used these for years for both long distance cycling and backpacking.

Yeah but it takes a gallon (4 litres) to wash down a PowerBar! I think that’s what Dunawan meant. :slight_smile:

I like Clif Bars also, but for two reasons. Not only do they taste better than most I’ve had, but they are very big on trail advocacy. Every time I’ve done trailwork or other activities with my local trail group, there have been free Clif Bars. I think it’s a great way to promote themselves and trails at the same time!

Also there’s something to be said for not being too organic. Sometimes my Clif Bars sit around for a while before they finally get used. I like that they last a good while before going bad.

+1

I much prefer peanut butter powerbars.

I really like those bars. They are kinda expensive though.

cliff bars are the best thinbg ever invented

yah right i hate those things! every time i see one i gag! i got really sick from one after a football game.

Re: Clif energy bars

On Mar 13, 2:10 am, mscalisi
<mscal...@NoEmail.Message.Poster.at.Unicyclist.com> wrote:
> …except for Lara bars :wink: …of which I just got a box of their
> chocolate series at Costco BTW.
>
> Having someorganicingredients is better than none, and I believe you
> have to have a repectable percentage before you can use the “made withorganicingredients” label.
>
> Besides, energy bars made solely from inorganic ingredients are hard on
> the teeth.
>
> tholub wrote:
> > Clif Bars are the best of the high-density energy bars, though that’s
> > not saying much. It is worth noting that they’re not reallyorganic;
> > they are “made withorganicingredients,” which is a funny way of
> > saying they’re made with non-organicingredients.
>
> –
> mscalisi
>
> ><> Unicycle for (reducing the) Buddha <><
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> mscalisi’s Profile:http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4961
> View this thread:http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/58816

Products require 70% organic products in order to “label” them as
organic, but definately they can include non-organic.
I AGREE that any organic is better than nothing!

Denise Palmer