clicking sound

I just got my first unicycle today, a nimbus x. I have been riding all day and am making progress. I LOVE IT! :slight_smile:
One thing that I have noticed is a “clicking” type sound that happens at a certain point during the rotation of the pedals. This only happens while im riding. I have checked to make sure both the crank and pedals are tight. I believe it may be one of the spokes. Is that what is causing the sound and if so what should I do?

Thanks

it could be the spokes or the pedals…
check to make sure the spokes are tight by squeazing them and if they feel loose or use a more sophisticated way…im not great with truing wheels and thats usually what i do to check if everything is tight…
it could be your pedals but i doubt it, are the pedals new…if they are old are the bearings crap…

most of the spokes “give” a little bit more than I think they probably should (at least more than the bmx bike i used to have). some of the other spokes seem tighter, but they are actually in the minority.

I would tension up all your spokes, especially because its a new uni, and now has been stressed, so it needs to be re-tensioned.

You can also check reflectors on your pedals. On my uni, the reflectors became loose and clicked, making me think it was the spokes or hub, but it was the loose reflectors.

thnks, Ill check the reflectors in the mornin. ill look for a place online that explains tightening spokes… unless anyone has a good link teyd like to post…

be careful if ur gonna tighten ur spokes…u can really screw up a wheel if u dont know what ur doing when ur twisting your nipples…

Check your shoe laces.

its not my shoe laces, they’re always tucked in.

I was bummed that my not even a day old uni was making odd sounds.I think I’m going to try and just ignore it. After checking out some sites, tightening the spokes is a little out of my league right now and I probably would do more harm than good.

At the rate I’m progressing I will most likely need a torker dx or a KH by the end of the summer anyways, but thanks for all the comments.

does anyone know of a reasonable price for a bike shop in US to tighten up some spokes.

Reasonable? Probably $10.

some places cost like 20 buks…
most places can tighten ur spokes but they will have trouble truing your wheel perfect because they dont have a set up for unicycle wheels…

i have the same problem, just got my nimbus 2 longneck today and it is making strange noises, maybie its the brand…