Classic Unicycling Mojo...

Recently, when I’ve needed an assist to get my mojo working just to get out the door for a coker or MUni ride, I’ve gone back to a classic. It has furnished me well the past few weeks… “Now it behoves thee thus to free thyself from they sloth,” said the Master: "for sitting on down, or under coverlet, men come not into fame;

without which whoso consumes his life, leaves such vestige of himself on earth, as smoke in air or foam in water;

and therefore rise! conquer they panting with the soul, that conquers every battle, if with its heavy body it sinks not down.

A longer ladder must be climbed: to have quitted these is not enough; if thou understandest me, now act so that it may profit thee."

I then rose, showing myself better funished with breath than I felt, and said: “Go on; for I am strong and confident.”

-Dante,
The Divine Comedy
Canto XXIV(For the explosive pedants: the spelling and paragraph structure here exactly reflects its presentation in my translation.)

So, if I lay around on my couch watching TV, nothing great will happen to me?:smiley:

No, if you lay around on your couch, then nothing will HAVE happened to you, but if you lie around on your couch, then nothing will happen to you. (lay is either past tense, or takes an object, as in you lay something :p) :wink:

but on a less picky note :wink:
that quote sounds a LOT like stuff i’ve been reading in British Lit… quite dense
how does that give you inspiration?

You’re giving me a hard time! Did you read the first qoute.:wink:

yeah, that first quote is waht i was refering to as dense lol:p

Muni is so often like the lower circles of hell that I frequently wish I had Virgil to guide me.

Maybe it motivates to know that some seriously street-wise satanic demons are winging their way over across the roundabout to this circle to do you egregious harm if you don’t peck your way across the crevasse in a hurry.

Maybe it helps to read it out loud. Really loud.

I think it rocks.

“Now it behoves thee thus to free thyself from thy sloth,” said the Master: "for sitting on down, or under coverlet, men come not into fame;