Chilly Riding

Seeing this pic is what first got me interested in unicycling

Joe ‘Mojoe’ Kisley

No first its like -10 degrees and then its blowing freezing cold wind so with the wind chill its probably like -17.

And besides if you layer up to much you can hardly move your arms and legs because your so bulky.

You go film out in that weather and do something so it has to be snowing, -0 degrees and then remember there still has to be a wind chill, blowing freezing wind, and its snowing.

Isaac

Its that cold already :astonished: Fair point, I guess I will let you off. Do you not have any sports halls or an empty garrage you can ride in? How long have you been riding now? To be honest I didnt think it was your best vid. I dont have time now because I have to catch my bus but il try give some constructive critisim later.

Yes it is that cold now.

And ive been riding for 18 months and seriously riding for 9 months…I know its not my best vid…I actually didnt like it that much the only good thing was probably the editing…And it was not good because it was so cold, too cold to ride in…GET IT?

Gosh

Meh, I still think weather is a poor excuse not to ride or perform well in.

Gloves, long sleeve shirt, shorts, and 661s, and im good. Thats with windchill, below freezing temps, snow, rain, ice, or anything else involving cold.

Surprisingly, today, the temp is right around 50 I think. News said it may be a record for how warm it is today. I want my snow blizzard weather back!

F or C?
If that’s Fahrenheit, then that’s pretty cold. If Celcious that’s cold but very doable if you wear the right clothing. Gust could be a problem so try to find an area that’s sheltered from the wind

I don’t get nearly as warm as when skiing as when I’m on my uni. When I was skiing daily in Lake Tahoe and it was around 30 deg F I wore 100 weight Polartec under waterproof, breathable pants and jacket, both w/ venting zippers and a backpack, so I could add/remove a layer, keep/put it somewhere if I got too hot/cold and grab something too eat or drink so I didn’t have to stop skiing. If it was around 40 + F I wore medium weight polarfleece. If it was 20 F or below I wore both or Polartec 200 weight under my shells.

I think the coldest day was around 10 deg below 0 F + w/ 50 mph winds. While just sitting there on the lift, totally exposed it got pretty cold. That day I should have worn the 100 & 200 weight polartec layers.

My extremities always get really cold, so I had a hard time finding worm gloves/mittens that weren’t bulky. I never found one that completely eliminated my fingertips going numb on really cold days. After I broke my back I heard Marmot made a glove that was warmer than anything I had tried but not bulky.

But for you, while riding I’d start w/ some med weight underwear and some ski/board pants and jacket. If you’re still cold add something likd Polartec 100 (I doubt you’d need anything more while riding). Then add some good ski/sowboard gloves and glove liners for when it gets really cold.

It can take a few weeks to take effect, but taking extra vitamin E can improve your circulation and therefore the warmth in your extremities. More imediate is cayenne powder. Mix as much as much as you can stand in 1/2 a glass of water and chug it (any more than 1/8th a tsp burned my stomach), you can do this two or three times a day, just don’t do it just before bed or it’ll take forever to fall asleep (it’s an energy booster for me).

Many other ideas

For anyone who wants to watch it, new link.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=HG0viO7ZkPM

Isaac