Chillin' on a mountain.

Just an “in between” video, nothing too extreme - we just wanted to ride up/down the closest mountain :stuck_out_tongue:

I got a chance to work on my filming too, I’m probably more proud of the video itself than any of the riding. So yeah, just a nice chill off road trip on 20s :slight_smile:

Enjoy.

Really awesome! Nice filming.

Cool!

Are you toning the higlights and shadows? Looks a little strange to me.

Thanks!

I don’t really know how to tone highlights and shadows. I used Sony Vegas and just tweaked the colour corrector/curves slightly. Any pointers? :stuck_out_tongue:

Well your monitor might need to be calibrated, you have a greenish yellow shift in the highlights and a purple tint in your shadows. But in moderation, yellow-shifted highlights and blue shifted shadows can give that funky old film look, like Polaroids etc. Which if that’s what you’re going for, I think you just missed the colors by a hair.

I don’t have a good video editing software or camera. But it’s essentially the same as photo. I often will set the white balance to normal/outdoor/sunny, and then from there just make minor adjustments in post depending on the environment change. So a shady forest would be shifted blue, so you would just need to warm up the color a little. Usually the shadows don’t need to be adjusted independently from the whole unless you’re in a really funky artificial lighting environment. Adjusting color via curves (RGB etc) I’ve found is not as desirable unless you are trying to do something super-specific. I will usually do a fine tuned global color temp adjustment.

I wish I knew the program so I could help better. Do you like that program? I need an editing software and I’m PC.

I hope that was helpful.

And back to your video, I liked some of your angles, particularly the low shot at 1:41

Ah ok, I hear what you are saying - I do a fair bit of surreal digital art so it’s probably a bad habit of mine to mess with the colours without keeping balance in mind. I did try for an over saturated, old school look (while keeping the forest green), good to know I only just missed out :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll definitely take it into account for next time!

As for Vegas, I use it since there are a lot of options and it’s easy to work with. I feel more at home with Adobe After Effects since I spend a lot of time in Photoshop but it is a much more complex program IMO. If you don’t want to do crazy edits/special effects, I highly recommend Vegas.

Oh and thanks! I got my hands on one of those bendable tripods so I was able to wrap it around branches and whatnot, it was lots of fun looking around for new and exciting angles. :slight_smile:

Cool, like the chill atmosphere about the video :slight_smile: Has cool angles to, liked the filming of the leech??

Nice vid, nice ridin’.

You should totally get a GoPro - and then let me borrow it indefinitely :stuck_out_tongue:
I really liked the video, the filming and editing was nice, but I was half expecting you to bust out a three spin at some point :smiley:

Haha, late reply is late buut I would love a GoPro - If I buy one you must come to NSW for a ride :wink:

Thankyou :slight_smile: That muni/flat was supposed to be more extravagant but we were so tired by then, lol.

Cheers! I love how leaches move about, haha :stuck_out_tongue:

Thankyou :slight_smile: