chat

Has anyone used the unicyclist.com chatroom thing?

I can never login to it.

yeah, me neither, but if everyone posts replies to this really fast, it can techniclly be a chat.

Andrew

Yeah I can’t connect to it either, it just says stuff like:

Welcome to Unicyclist.com Chat!
Connecting to irc.dal.net 6667 …
Unable to connect to server.
Connection close.
Connecting to vortex.hub.us.dal.net 6667 …
Connection close.
Connecting to acool.ga.us.dal.net 6667 …
Connection close.
Connecting to irc.dal.net 6667 …
Connection close.

Has anyone got it going?

Still doesn’t work for me either.

Yeah I’ve had it going before. It only failed the first few times then it got in. I tried just now and it got in first time, but no one else is in there. I can’t be bothered chatting. It would only be good if people schedule chats or all sign in at once. I think MSN messenger or other instant message devices work better for chatting on, because it is easier to find people online.

Hey Rowan, do you have MSN? Add me, if you like, petemarchant@hotmail.com

The way I’ve found that IRC style chat rooms work, is when people connect and join the chat room and just stay there. Eventually other people will show up and conversations get started.

Note: This does not work particularly well for people using dialup connections, and connecting can be difficult to impossible for people behind firewalls (because identd uses port 113 which is often blocked by firewalls).

For a while there I sat logged into the unicycling channel for days or weeks at a time. But everyone/anyone else’s presence was so sporatic, that it wasn’t worth the bother. (I’m connected now)

yeah we need a new chat thing here…a live chat on side bar would be cool too.

im tangent193 on Yahoo Messenger.

we should just start telephoning each other

chatpit.com is a good site for free chats for everyone but i really like the calling system better. call me my number is

I added you. My MSN name is Rowan@ihateclowns.com but it is no longer my email, since Ihateclowns became a pay service. I don’t log on to messenger very often now since I moved out of my parents house and into a flat with no telephone. I still use the internet at home some of the time, and maybe I will get the internet in the future, when we move to another flat. If I can find myself a job I will hopefully be able to afford a Coker, a new computer, a phone and an internet connection.