carbon fiber pedals?

and ungodly expensive.

buy the way, pm me if you know how to make a CF pedal. I would also like to know how to aquire some titanium spindes. thanks

Miles

that was uncalled for koebwil, lildude2 already said a CF uni would cost alot:p

I just meant the pedal you want to build. How much are you expecting to spend?

not much, I’m not sure what something like that would cost to buy, much less build. I’d probably be a failure at building them though. does anyone know if it is possible to put metal pins in plastic pedals? that would solve my problems also.

not pedals, but carbon fibre: http://www.unicycle.uk.com/shop/shopdisplayproduct.asp?catalogid=99

Dude.

Use the edit button.

And carbon fiber pedals would not be worth their price on a unicycle, they would break too easily. Clipless pedals are also a bad idea on a unicycle. The only thing I would really consider in terms of “exotic” materials would be aerospace aluminum for a pedal body and a titanium spindle. However, CrMo is cheaper and therefore replaced easier. It also gets the job done.

DMR V12s and V8s have titanium replacement axles made for them which are widely available (great pedals aswell). Otherwise, get a pair of pedals you like, remove the spindles and send them to a machine shop, who will copy them exactly for you in titanium.

Apart from the stuff that just doesn’t work as CF (Hub, cranks, pedals, etc) this sounds like Roger’s freestyle 20. Its awesomely light and really nice to ride, with a CF frame and CF seatbase.

Loose.

carbon fiber is both strong and brittle. it’s strong along the length of the fibers, but weak at right angles to the fibers. it’s also not able to absorb much energy before it breaks. pedals are subject to a lot of abuse, especially when grinding, and CF can’t handle this kind of abuse

you should do a little research the next time you get a “bright idea” so you can find out for yourself how feasable the idea is… you might even learn something to help improve your idea, at the very least you’d be able to express your idea to others a bit more intelligibly

thirty seconds of googling got me to this page that describes the properties of polymers; carbon fiber is one example of a polymer. there’s everything you need to know at this page that will tell you why CF pedals won’t work

no you didn’t

google is your friend. so is the “search” link. use them and you will be rewarded.

carbon fibre cranks…

kolfiber vevar.jpg

beyond the coolness factor, if there is one, what would be the advantages of a super lightweight freestyle uni?

Less weight makes anything easier to move around. I know it wouldn’t matter that much, but that would be the advantage.

:stuck_out_tongue: light weight would also make transporting it easier, and would make hops easier. It would also just be cool to have a uni that weighs like 5 lbs

theyve got um.
road
and now theres a new partaly carbon downhil/ freeride pedal

hello??? lightning fast unispins?

You mean 99 billion and 999 million dollars? 99999 “million” isn’t really a number…

thats kind of retarded and an unneeded post.

on the thought. i think you can use carbon fiber spindles w/ a titanium core/threads
that would be superlight

carbon fiber is just the material, it can be made so many different ways. the Resin is the biggest factor(it changes britality and flexibility. It can also be made in different patterns and be oreinted differently(changes strength). what if a pedal was made entirely out of lexan and titanium?
a guy at the bike shop that knows what he’s talking about has some cheap plastic pinned pedals made of some plastic resin material that last him about a year and half. he has broken primo tenderizers in 2 days
the pedals he uses are $13

learn to ride cliped in than you can have ti spindles and cf pedals only 500 ish $