carbon fiber/aluminum frame

Ti cranks would be heavier than aluminum cranks…

Titanium looks way better than alu :wink: TI-cranks would be hot!

not necessarily. Ti is alot stronger so you wouldn’t need as much material to get the same amount of strength so its all in the engineering of the part.

Well, if you really wanted lightness and didn’t care about cost, just get beryllium cranks made. The material cost alone is $59 usd per 100 grams though and I can’t imagine anyone would have experience machining ISIS into it.

I read some where beryllium isn’t really all that great for bike/ uni parts and is prone to breaking in one way or another. Not sure if this is true or not that, only read it.

that is kind of true and kind of false. Beryllium is incredibly difficult to deal with, often resulting in a defect somewhere along the line. Also, due to it’s rarity and poisonous aspects it is difficult to find someone experienced with it. In a perfect world, if you could find someone with the experience and engineering knowledge, it’s nearly a perfect material. It is also half as strong as steel and weighs four times less. Well, it’ll never happen but you can always dream. There were bike frames made of it a long while ago, with a price tag of 25 grand. :astonished:

I’m excited about all this :slight_smile:

haha well were not making anything unless we see that we can sell it for a price that acurately represents the quality of the product

heres some more riding on the frame. its a vid i threw together from joe and cody coming down to visit and a little bit of footage from our NATS night ride
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SE6avwBNkU&feature=channel_page

That black stuff looked like Petrol…

haha nah it was some really gross stuff from the bottom of a recently dried up pond. smelled horrible haha i had to take my seat apart to clean it.

great video. looked like a lot of fun.

ya too bad we didnt end up riding until really late the night you could have been there haha. it was verry spontanious also.
we might be going down by you this weekend tyler. we will call you if we do.

ok forgive my lateness on this subject, but i have a few questions that i’m sure have been answered, but i don’t feel like fishing through the entire thread. let me just say that the frame looks amazing.

• what’s the price point if someone wanted to buy one of these lovely devices? lol
  • also most of the videos you’ve posted have shown mostly trials riding, how well do the frames hold up to big street?

again, please forgive my stupidity/laziness and try not to be too harsh with your replies

please do. i will pm you my number.

frames are 450 for a 20" frame. the frames hold up great to seat in drops and all that. i dont grind to many handrails but the frame holds up to all the standard street that i do. there is going to be someone doing big street testing soon.

awesome, i’m going to begin saving up my money and hopefully get one of those frames soon. they look amazing

the design is being revamped so its going to be even more beautiful and knee friendly

Its funny cause originally there werent many concerns about the frames street strength. There were so many debates on how its going to hold against impact on rocks lol, so we just trials the hell outta dat beast!

cool i’m sure that by the time i have the sach to get one they will have been redone more than once. hopefully i’ll get one once you’ve achieved the perfect design.