Calling anyone in range of the Malvern Hills...

I recall a few people saying they’d quite like an evening on the hills sometime; so would anyone like to? Now it’s light for ages in the evenings would be ideal to hit the hills and see how many double-takes we receive when people see several unicycles where surely no unicycles should be…

The paths are good; they’re well maintained, quite wide and generally surfaced in grit or just hard earth tracks. It’s not technical muni stuff at all (there are a few rocky bits that I can’t do, but the majority of it is smooth trail), but there are some damn steep bits!

Anyone?

Phil, just me
(phil (at) flippet (dot) net)

Re: Calling anyone in range of the Malvern Hills…

I live in Birmingham and would be happy to make the trip
at a weekend. Not this weekend though as I will be in Reading
playing hockey (badly, of course).

I love muni but am not terribly good at ‘steep’. Not when it’s up,
anyway…

Arnold the Aardvark

see you in reading… It should be fun. Oops, off topic.

re Malverns

Phil,

I could make next Tuesday or Thursday evening …
… I could bring your new Max Traction Wheel!

Leo White, Cheltenham

Re: Calling anyone in range of the Malvern Hills…

leow wrote:
> re Malverns
>
> Phil,
>
> I could make next Tuesday or Thursday evening …

<aol>

Me too.

</aol>

A Sunday might be easier though, considering the distance. Oh, and it’s
Alan’s turn to drive… :slight_smile:

> … I could bring your new Max Traction Wheel!

Er, er, I could bring chocolate! :wink:

Regards,
Mark.

Fujitsu Telecom Europe Ltd,| o
Solihull Parkway, | In the land of the pedestrian, /|
Birmingham Business Park, | the one-wheeled man is king. <<
Birmingham, ENGLAND. | O

OooooOOOOoooooOOOoooOOOooooo!!!

Although I’m still confused. Are you making it? What’s going on? Did I accidentally order one for everybody? Eeek!

Given I live within unicycling distance of the hill I’m easy as to when. I suggested an evening because it’s cooler then; I went up a few sundays ago and was roasting on the steep bits in the sun. It would provide longer though…

Of course, we’d have to arrange how we are going to recognise each other. Make sure you bring along something obvious! :slight_smile:

Phil, just me

To stop this thread slipping even further down the second page, can I provisionally suggest next Tuesday evening (9th July) for a quick ride? Assuming the weather’s nice, of course… right now it’s flinging it down… :frowning:

Phil, just me