Calling all ottawa unicyclists!

Sounds great, I like how there are two meet times as it gives me a chance to make sure my wheel is true and get some pedals, which I should be able to do before noon but just in case

Also, if somebody has some basic tools, bring them. Nothing fancy, just a 4-5-6 hex set. Ive misplaced mine, and if someone’s seat twists, it wont be any fun.

ntappin, do you have your new hub on yet?

Now, I have to try and keep up on a 24" inch. Faster, but not too great for trials :wink: .

Um, if anyone wants any time to change, reply as soon as possible.

Oh, and if anyone wants a map, just ask. Ill dig one up off of google maps. City hall is fairly easy to find though. Its the big greyish building that says Ottawa on it :wink:

:angry: :angry: :angry:
Im sick… Really sick. I hope that someone who is going picks this up. Odds are that I’m not going to be able to come, barring some magic. So, yeah. Have fun! Maybe ill be there next week.
:angry: :angry: :angry:

Man that’s a drag. I’ll let everyone know you can’t make it.

Hope you feel better soon.

J

So whatever happened to you out-of-towners? We rode around downtown, minus campus, from noon until 4pm. We didn’t return to City Hall at 1:30, because Karl said that you guys were supposed to call. We didn’t ever get a call though, so we assumed you bailed.

Some guy from the Ottawa Sun followed us around and took photos, so we may end up in the paper on a slow day. Meh.

A few of us may end up going out again next weekend, if the weather is good.

So you guys had fun? Im really pissed that I couldn’t go! Anyway, Im up for a ride next week. I should be able to breath by then :o

That was absolutely beautiful! I kicked the crap out of myself, nearly couldn’t ride home but it was worth it.

I must say the day was great, I really acomplished alot. I cut up my arm twice, sprained my thumb and ankle two or three times, and my thighs feel like they got indian sunburned, o and I managed to miss the armour on my legs and kicked a concrete post! ahhhh it was soooo much fun!

I really can’t wait until the next ride. Hopefully then I will have a camelpack cause having no liquid sucked.

It’s too bad you guys didn’t come to the skatepark though it was really nice, almost all of the lower half of the park was free of people cause there were two little streams running down it and I pretty much had it to myself, the people there were really nice too. I talked with some cool bmxers and some skaters, one of which could ride a unicycle!!

Anyways I think a good day was had by all.

I rode around by myself(my brother was sick also) for an hour and a half looking for you guys… I was running late and showed up at city hall at 1:45. I asked some ppl that were sitting around if they’d seen any uni riders in the past little while and they all said they hadn’t. There must have been a mixup in the number karl gave me… I called at around 1:40 from a payphone just before I reached city hall and there was no answer.
After hanging around city hall for a while I took a ride around the campus and asked a few ppl in there if they’d seen any other uni riders… still nothing.
after trying the number few more times some chick finally answered and said I had the wrong number. (I even tried calling Karls dad to get the right number but no one was home there)
Anyways by 3:30 I gave up and headed home.

>:( Grrrrrrr!!!

:angry: where were you guys :angry: you said you’d come back to city hall about 1:30… Guess what?!? YOU DIDN’T!!! :angry: >:( I arrived at 1:30 sharp, went around the park about 3 times. Went in the campus to search a bit and i never saw you guys, I stuck around till about 1:40 before parents had to go. WHERE DID YOU GO!

I tried calling the phonenumber but there wasn’t any answer. please don’t tell me that was a home phone number. Cause if it was how is that useful.

I think you guys need to work on planning your Ottawa Meetings better next time.

Ugh…:frowning:

Sorry! I got sick and couldn’t show! So, I was at home alseep and my phone was off.

Did any of us know that you were coming? My plan was always to meet back at City Hall at 1:30, but the other guys talked me out of it because the one late-comer who we were expecting (Victory) (supposedly) had Karl’s cell number and was supposed to call when he arrived.

If i had any idea that there were more folks coming, i would have made sure to have stuck with the original plan. I hate people who snake off and leave others stranded, so i certainly wouldn’t have done it to someone else, intentionally. I’m sorry that we did that to you.

If you’re ever in town again for a ride, i’ll sure as hell be at the right place at the right time, so it doesn’t happen again.

Any chance you’ll be around this coming weekend? A few of us may want to go out again. Sunday looks like it may be okay, weather-wise.

he told me, but I guess that I forgot when I said that I would be sick at 6am with a headache. Im sorry, it was without a doubt my fault. Ill make sure to have some more organization next time, and Ill be there too!

Im home today but almost fully recovered. Im riding around inside on the old norco :wink:

K so for this comming weekend, same time same meeting spot? Or another spot?

If it’s on Sunday’s the earliest I can ever make it is 1:30->2:00… Saturdays I’m flexible. It would be good if we meet at someone’s house or figure a way that the out of towners could get hold of someone…(cell phone’s aren’t always heard) or make it that when plans are to meet back somewhere not to change them. :sunglasses:

I’m up for anything. I liv downtown, so as long as it’s down here, i’m available to meet at any time. Just let me know.

My suggestion, if Victory’s earliest time is 1:30, is that we meet closer to that time. It’ll be a bit of a drag if everyone else is already tired, and he just arrives. My 2c, anyway.

Yeah I agree, because even if he had made it up with us at 1:30 we were already winding down.

So why don’t we say we meet at 1:30 at city hall again? or would another area be more preferable, maybe somewhere with better parking or something? I don’t drive so I don’t know where this would be but whatever works.

man i wish there were more unicyclists in my area…then i could do something like this…i think theres like 3 people in this whole city who ride:(

So drive or take the bus to TO. There are all sorts of riders there. There are even clubs and meetings there.

And it isn’t like we ride together that much anyway. 90% of the time that i go out, i’m by myself, even though Ryan livs like 10 blocks away. Last weekend was probably the 3rd time that i’ve been involved with a group ride in 2.5 years. It’s better to ride with other folks, but i’m fine on my own too.

You’re always welcome to come ride with us though.

OK, let’s make the ride scheduled for 1:30, and we’ll try to stick around the area until 2, just in case Victory is a little late. I think that City Hall is a decent place to meet too. It’s wide open, so that even if we get a little bored of waiting and want to piss around on the surrounding stairs, ledges, whatever, we are still in sight of everyone else. I guess it’s up to Victory and his parking limitations though. What do you say, Victory?

if i find myself in ottowa some time ill look ya up