Calling all girl unicyclists!! :p

I’m Laura and i’m trying street :slight_smile:

Hi, I’m Elizabeth and I ride muni and distance on a 29er.

An old lady more than a girl but…

I’m Joy and I’m working on trying to get more comfortable for increasing distance. Bones are too precious for tricks :slight_smile: , but I would like to be able to ride some mild muni and ride around the neighborhood. I have a 24" Nimbus muni.

awesome :slight_smile:

laura, how long have you been riding?

My youngest is 14 and really wants to learn to ride. I haven’t had a ride in several years, but have new LX Pro arriving Wednesday. We are going to be spending some quality time together getting her going.

I’ve shown her the Team Impact video with the female freestyle rider who is tearing it up.

When I showed her pictures of various types of Uni’s she only got excited at the trials types. Run of the mill street rides did nothing for her. I’m not surprised at this, as she has stated that she wants a jacked up red 4x4 truck, when she gets old enough to drive. It must be red!

Stuff like this made her happy

There used to be a girls only OTG game. Most of them haven’t posted much lately though.

2 years ago i just learned how to ride and stuff but then i quit for a while and 2 months ago i began with a little bit of street :slight_smile:

nice nice :slight_smile:

How long d you ride?

I’ve been riding for about 8 years. I’m in a love-hate relationship with distance riding - I hate the expense of time + travelling back but I love getting from point to point alone and cycling off before people stop, stare and start with their questions.

Hi I’m Jess and I currently ride a 20 and enjoy freestyle mostly but want to get into distance and maybe some muni too eventually

2 years :slight_smile:

Cool :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi,
I am 49 and I’ve been riding a unicycle since I was 16. I took off a few years when I had my kids.

I mainly ride around the neighborhood, I’m not up to learning jumps or such, the thought of injury is more daunting now. I used to ride over curbs and steps one at a time. Now I’m lucky to make it around a corner on the sidewalk.

I’m more of an old lady also, but I started as a girl. People mistake me for a kid when I’m out riding, unless they notice the white hair.

Great to know I’m not the only old lady unicycle rider.

LG

Hey all!

My name’s Jenni, I’m 23, and I started unicycling about 6 months ago. I’m working on learning trials/flatland skills now and eventually hope to get comfortable enough to try some street. It’ll probably be awhile, though. ;D

I’m Kimmie, 38, and really need to make more time learning how to ride. I have a KH20 Trails and a KH26 with geared wheel. I also have a 24" trainer that is perfect for banging up while learning. :slight_smile:

Come on, do not think and speak of yourself as an old lady - you are not even 50 years old! :roll_eyes: What’s the problem?

Best regards,
Sanne

Thanks Sanne,

Well, when I wrote the post, I had quite sore muscles from a long trek to campus where I work.

Today, not so bad, and my new unicycle should arrive tomorrow. I ordered an 18" because I’m only 5 feet tall. (It was a little less expensive too). So, I hope I will be able to ride more. My old Schwinn is quite heavy and the seat is all banged up. I rode around the block last night and I felt like I was almost back to my earlier days abilities. I hope the new saddle/seat is more comfortable.

I would like to learn to idle so I’ve tried a bit. I’ve read through the posts talking about idling. Not really looking forward to the falls and bruises from the pedals. I am wearing a helmet these days. Hides the white hair :slight_smile:

LG

Howdee lg318ww welcome to the Forum :slight_smile:

Hey, I’m only 5’2’’ but I manage okay on a 20’’ and a 24’’ and a 26’’, oh and just about on a 29’’ ( though I have 125 cranks).

Congrats on getting your new uni (UCNHTMU’s) (2nd time I’ve posted that today…I must get out more :frowning: )

My helmet hides my grey hair, but I’ve got some of Mr Holm’s spiffy Knee pads. They gives me the extra confidence to try that bit harder. (now, that last bit sounds like an ad for tampons LOL )

I’ve also got wrist guards. Aswell as protecting your wrists and hands when you fall off, they also protect your fingers when you keep grabbing the front of the seat.

Alucard

I’m also only 5’2" and I have had everything from a 19" to 36" currently my biggest is 26" and 29" of course I’ve had to alter frame for the large 36er wheel. It is more of a challenge being shorter (people really don’t get it) but it’s doable.
I hope you enjoy your new uni, share a picture if you want once you get it.
Welcome and best of luck in your riding. It’s nice to see some women riding. I’d enjoy having a peer around me to ride with but there is no one :frowning: but it’s still fun.