"Calf attack!" :>(

Terry, ya I guess you did have it wrong but I didn’t even notice. Although I did notice that you spelt my name wrong the first time but got it right the second time!

You can find all the photos here. I’m trying out this new picasa photo hosting website so let me know what you think. You should be able to download each picture at its full resolution by going to each picture you want. There is another way of downloading the entire album but you have to download the free picasa program first (I think).

Anyways, here are some of the best pictures. This one is of the smoke we could see from the Malibu Wildfire.

A group shot of us!

Another group shot.

Terry and John cruising down the Nature Trail.

John kicking up some dust on a hard section.

Terry doing a drop.

And last but probably the best is of John coming down Devil’s Slide. Look at that form!

is there any brand of shinguards that does make padding/protection on your calf…cause thats where I have the most cuts anyways.

Here’s a pic I took of Eyal (Rabbi Rock) during my last trip down the Nature Trail sometime last year. This is a great Muni run.

JL

NT1.jpg

Yep that’s a good representation of it! HEy JL, I just got back from our beach ride, and clocked 25.8 miles! Wooooot! Thanks for the fun ride!:smiley:

The foam will cushion your calf (against bruises) but it might not protect you from pedal bites. The pins will tear through that foam… you’ll need a piece of tough fabric such as ripstop or Denier nylon to prevent tears.

The velcro method is a great idea… to give you an option on hot days.

So you’re saying you prefer the comfort of being confined to a wheelchair?

Keep wearing your helmets and pads, kiddies!

There [THREAD=52205]are[/THREAD] many threads on this topic (have you tried the search feature?), but to get you started, check out the KH Percussion leg armor.

I thought it would be just as easy to ask in a topic where people are already talking about it a little. :slight_smile: didn’t know it was a crime

I was planning on getting some elbow guards, since I’ve bruised/scraped up my forarms several times. Then yesterday while riding in Anadale, hit a root, the uni stopped and I didn’t then did a superman/roll and hit my shoulder on a rock. Now, I’m thinking about getting a full jacket, like one of those Pressure Suites

Whoa man That looks awesome! I want one!!! Then I can go back to G-Spot (Umm, the trail haha!) and go for it! Looks like it woukld be pretty hot though.:frowning:

I haven’t thuroghly looked at the specks, but I think the biggest difference as you go up in price, is the cooler it is. But $230 is a lot of dough, even $120 is kind of a lot. But even the expensive one is a LOT cheaper than a hospital visit:o

Good point! :sunglasses: I just don’t want to look like the Michelin man on the trails haha!

michelin_man_file.jpg

In some MTB vids I’ve seen you have to look pretty carefully to tell that they are wearing a protection jacket. IMO worst case scenario it’ll look like you have verry broad shoulders :stuck_out_tongue:

Missed deadline

Doesn’t look too bulky to me.

since I broke my Achille’s tendon with my saddle handle, I ALWAYS wear back protection with my 661. they are just are a pair of kick-boxing protections that fit very well (they have velcro straps that fit). Moreover they are bright red :stuck_out_tongue:
edit: for sure I look like robocop … but I don’t care

an image showing the complete armour

bear_with_armour.JPG