"Calf attack!" :>(

A group shot of us!

Another group shot.

Terry and John cruising down the Nature Trail.

John kicking up some dust on a hard section.

Terry doing a drop.

And last but probably the best is of John coming down Devil’s Slide. Look at that form!

is there any brand of shinguards that does make padding/protection on your calf…cause thats where I have the most cuts anyways.

Here’s a pic I took of Eyal (Rabbi Rock) during my last trip down the Nature Trail sometime last year. This is a great Muni run.

JL

NT1.jpg

Yep that’s a good representation of it! HEy JL, I just got back from our beach ride, and clocked 25.8 miles! Wooooot! Thanks for the fun ride!:smiley:

The foam will cushion your calf (against bruises) but it might not protect you from pedal bites. The pins will tear through that foam… you’ll need a piece of tough fabric such as ripstop or Denier nylon to prevent tears.

The velcro method is a great idea… to give you an option on hot days.

So you’re saying you prefer the comfort of being confined to a wheelchair?

Keep wearing your helmets and pads, kiddies!

There [THREAD=52205]are[/THREAD] many threads on this topic (have you tried the search feature?), but to get you started, check out the KH Percussion leg armor.

I thought it would be just as easy to ask in a topic where people are already talking about it a little. :slight_smile: didn’t know it was a crime

I was planning on getting some elbow guards, since I’ve bruised/scraped up my forarms several times. Then yesterday while riding in Anadale, hit a root, the uni stopped and I didn’t then did a superman/roll and hit my shoulder on a rock. Now, I’m thinking about getting a full jacket, like one of those Pressure Suites

Whoa man That looks awesome! I want one!!! Then I can go back to G-Spot (Umm, the trail haha!) and go for it! Looks like it woukld be pretty hot though.:frowning:

I haven’t thuroghly looked at the specks, but I think the biggest difference as you go up in price, is the cooler it is. But $230 is a lot of dough, even $120 is kind of a lot. But even the expensive one is a LOT cheaper than a hospital visit:o

Good point! :sunglasses: I just don’t want to look like the Michelin man on the trails haha!

michelin_man_file.jpg

In some MTB vids I’ve seen you have to look pretty carefully to tell that they are wearing a protection jacket. IMO worst case scenario it’ll look like you have verry broad shoulders :stuck_out_tongue:

Missed deadline

Doesn’t look too bulky to me.

since I broke my Achille’s tendon with my saddle handle, I ALWAYS wear back protection with my 661. they are just are a pair of kick-boxing protections that fit very well (they have velcro straps that fit). Moreover they are bright red :stuck_out_tongue:
edit: for sure I look like robocop … but I don’t care

an image showing the complete armour

bear_with_armour.JPG

It dawned on me that maybe my 2x2 661 elbow/forearm guards might fit my calf, so I tried it. Fits perfect! I only wish I had another pair because I use them on my arms for MUni all the time. :slight_smile: Btw, my 661 4x4 knee/shin guards fit right over these with no problem.

DSC01816.JPG