Buying a unicycle on a budget.

Although the ax post is listed as 26.8 mm, and the KH 27.3 or something, the reality is that my kh post fits in my ax 29 no problem. The bolt pattern is different so a KH seat won’t go on an ax post.

I would get an ax here for 90 $, if you can’t afford a BI KH. Then save your $ and get a KH or a 36 later.

http://www.niagaracycle.com/product_info.php?products_id=31066

With BI raising their prices and the concept of such an expensive unicycle, I’ve decided to just go with the Nimbus. It’s all I think I’ll need.

One last question regarding cranks. Many suggest the Moment upgrade. However, are the cranks really that prone to breakage? I don’t anticipate anything bigger than a 3-4 foot drop at the absolute maximum. Once I decide to drop bigger than that, I’ll just buy a KH20. Will the cranks be able to handle a lot of little hops, a lot of curbs, and maybe some stairs at the biggest?

Right now I’m thinking I’ll just buy the normal cranks and if they break, upgrade. But if they’re actually fragile, I might as well save $30 or so.

The final question, are 125mm cranks a good choice? It says standard on the unicycle. I think that makes sense, but I’d like to hear some opinions. The other option would be the ~150mm’s.

The Nimbus cranks will probably be OK for a while. 125mm is better for distance or speed; 150mm is better for MUni. You can do MUni with 125mm cranks; doing distance on a 24 with 150mm cranks is pretty painful. So it depends on your usage.

Alright, sounds good. I’ll get the Nimbus w/ 125mm cranks then. Thanks again everyone.