building...

hey guys, new to the forums, been unicycling for about two years but i only really got into it about 1 yr to 6 months ago…i can unispin, grind, hop a 5 set, and some other basic freestyle stuff…but i was wondering, whats the best way to build a grind rail for use at my house? it doesn’t need to much angle if any, but wut materials should i use, etc.?? please help ya’ll thanks
Max

Hey unirox, i’m new to this forum too. So let me just say welcome. To answer your question i would probably go with those really strong long poles that can be found in hardware stores. I don’t know how strong they are. But just thought i would let you know. so yeah, you’re bound to get alot of good advice from the other users. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

lol i love that post hazmat…

well… uhm if you want to make a grind rail… get a nice thick piece of steel, look at the difference between the inner and outside diameter, you want it to be as thick as possible (basically heavy = good)

get some steel, cause its strong and easier to weld… dont get anything stainless or special just plain steel.

and then, ether make a small metallic frame with tubing to hold the rail up, (like the rails on a staircase kinda construction, with welding…)

or maybe for more simple, get some blocks of wood, a big piece as a base, and then some thick poles holding up the rail, and screwed into the rail, with a screw…

also its not in the strength of your steel, its gonna be how well you disperse the weight… you want alot of support for the piece to hold it up in the air.

apart from that good luck, mayeb draw it up on some kinda 3d program to help with construction…

i am new 2 the unicycle stuff as well but anyway to ur question i wound get long poles about 2m and at about 45 degrees :slight_smile: :slight_smile: