Building My Own Uni

I love that crown plate. I’d paint the frame black, and then that plate a snazzy color.

Nice stand too.

Thanks Guys,
I made that stand up real quick just to hold it upright. No stain or clear coat yet. I was thinking maybe a flat black frame. Was also thinking of maybe a Spider Man theme with some webbing between the frame rails and red and black paint. :slight_smile:

I like it. Totally impractical, but unique.

thats awesome! i love the yellow wheel (its my favorite color :D)

I like thinking outside the box. Just hope my legs are strong enough to get it started and keep it going. LOL Steve

Love it. I’d either chrome it or paint it gloss black with a clear coat. And yes the stand is great. It is elegantly simple.

You mentioned not knowing how to straighten up a picture. After transfering your pictures from your camera to your PC, select a picture that needs flipped 90 degrees. Windows typically has choices at the bottom of it’s picture viewer software. One of the choices is to rotate the selected picture 90 degrees clockwise. Another choice is for 90 degrees counter-clockwise. Click on the appropriate choice then your picture should rotate accordingly. Then use the “Save As” choice to save it in this orientation with a name of your choice.

When your done we need a picture of you riding it.

That’s why the one at the thread in the link below caught my eye (an imagination)

But yours is really nicely executed. I think if you inflate it to about 45 PSI
or more there won’t be any problem keeping it moving.

Has the owner of the bike you took it off of figured out that it’s gone yet?

I think I like that stand better than the two piece one Torker includes
with their Unicycles. It looks a lot like a guitar stand. And it won’t
scratch the paint - I might just make one for me and my son.

Hay Super G, The stand I turned out in about an hour. I do custom wood working for a living and was just poplar I had laying around. I do like the black color. I saw a powder coat that had a hammered finish like a chrome and black which was really cool.
As for the pictures, when they were in my computer they were the right orientation. Not laying on their sides. Not sure what happened. Thanks for the comments tho. I was afraid people would not like this thing.

Mark 42, I had the same though about the tire pressure. If i pump it up enough it will only run on a bit of tire in the center. Not sure about turning tho. lol If you like I can post a picture of just the wood stand.
I am sure the guy was supprised when he came out and found the rear tire missing. Looked pretty funny sitting on the cement block. “WHAT THE HELL?”

Here’s a website you’ll love:

Thanks, but I have the stand figured out.
I’m gonna make it hold the unicycle vertical, and I’ll make
a latch piece that’s like a door bar. Can’t seem to come up with
a good description of what I mean, my brain is shutting off.

You know… like when they used to put a big 2 x 4 across a
door to bar it shut, but it’ll pivot on one end and slide into
a receiver on the other side. I’ll have to draw it up, or build
it and post a picture. But I have too many other projects
right now…

Don’t miss the main page - the Eyeballing challenge is an eye opener.

I have had the request to post a picture of the stand that I made for that fat tire. It was made in less then an hour with some poplar that I had. I would guess this could be bought at the local Home Depot or Lowes for less then $30.00 I had a 10 footer and used maybe 1/3. Rounded the edges with a router, some glue and drywall screws and your ready for stain and spot in the living room. LOL Right!
Why the hell do my pictures end up on their sides? :thinking:

Finally got it finished this morning. Sending along a couple pictures. I am able to get on it and road it about 25 feet. Havent been on a uni in about 5 years. I think I am going to order a Nimbus 20" trials to get my balance back and maybe learn some tricks.
This Fat Tire weighs about 35 pounds. Wheel and Tire are off a Yahama R6 Sport bike. Cranks and peddles are from my old Schwinn as is the seat. Post is off a cheepie uni. Seat post upright is stainless steel and felt it looked good the way it was. Practice, Practice, Practice.

Sweet ride… so when are you taking orders??? LOL

Hay, Not a bad Idea now that I know how to make them. Steve :sunglasses:

Nice ride! Really looks great.

Looks super cool!

Great job! The black paint / stainless works well with the yellow rim. I’d like to see more people posting projects like this.

Can you ride it yet! How does it handle? :astonished:

Shoot a video. Maybe you can do some tricks:D.