Broken KH frame...again

Yeah ive snapped mine before too, but just once. I hope you didnt yet buy a new one, because you can get a free replacement. I think a kh frame beats the nimbus any day, though weaker, because it has a warranty.

yeah that must have had a pretty serious crack in it to break at that point. Looks like you qualify for the triton sponge.

that is profound! (<— edit: there is a word I never used before.)

Wow! That sucks… 2 broken KH frames! :frowning:

Good Luck with your next frame… :wink:

Jon man im sorry this happened. i admire how you contained yourself when it did break though.:slight_smile:

Dang, i just got onto a comp that had the ability to watch that vid, and damn… That sucks… Still once again crazy.

haha i wasnt really mad just in couldnt belive that it would happen the 2nd day of spring break. haha this means uve witnessed both of my frames breaking forrest.

both times when ive broken the frame its been because of sideways stress(the last time it was from 270) so both times ive been pulling on it from the side. Im almost 100 percent there was no crack in it before it snapped

jon A

ah i just watched the vid. I love the puzzled look on your face. very comic. (no offense or anything)

Its strange how it seemed to snap so gracefully. that does suck, snapping it on the 2nd day of spring break. I know your pain, I snapped my kh frame on the 3rd day I was in Israel… (out of around 10 days).

What video?

this one

From my experience in mountainbiking and bmx I would pretty much be 80-90% sure that your frame has a manufacturing fault. If it has snapped right nest to the weld then that is because it has been overheated and overstressed during the manufacturing process. KH should replace your frame for you. I would not be happy without receiving a replacement or at least a very highly reduced price on a new one.

He replaces all broken frames… and it’s kinda general concencus that his frames break from flat riding where the stress is put on the neck, for months on end.

I can just hear them now:

“KH frames snap just from being dropped, don’t buy them!”

ha well to everyone rethinking buying a KH uni now dont worry about the problem. name one person thats broken 2 of them(other then me cause thats cheating;))…and if u can name one then try and name two haha, basicly what im saying is i dont think its going to be a big problem for most people. KH is replaceing it and i should have the new frame within a week.(kris holm is an amazing man to work with when it comes to things like this so thats another reason not to not get a KH frame)

KH is a great frame and I have very few complaints about it

jon A