Broke uni

Yup i broke the nimbus trials rim. I was just riding home and the rim split open. Worst thing is its my christmas holidays with loadsa time free.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Mike

Resize of IMGP0151.JPG

Ouch!
I feel sorry for your loss. :wink:

I´m sure thats not supposed to happen. I really hope UDC will give you a new rim. MY KH rim broke, and I got a new one no-questions-asked.

Yea the guy from UDC was well sound. He talked to me for ages it was the first time i actually talked to somebody about unicycling. He is goin to replace it.

Mike

Oh that sucks so bad! :frowning: Same happened with my Nimbus 24 last summer. It sucked but UDC sent me a new rim so all went fine in the end.

If this is the first time you talked to somebody about Uni I guess you rarely ride with other people? :smiley: You should try and attend the next SWUM http://www.uk.unicyclist.com/swum.html.

Hope you get it fixed before you run out of holiday.

Keith

Wow, that stinks really bad! I’d think it would be the hub/cranks that would break first on that uni, but I guess not. I also feel sorry for your camera - or did you have so much coffee that you couldn’t hold still? :wink: Just foolin…

Keith, I have never ridden with someone else, this is because nobody i kmow uni’s and i havent attended a uni meet because i only started reasonably recently. I will be attending the south west uni meet.

Tyler, I stumbled as i took the first pic thats why it came out a bit blurred.

It gets worse i was o the virgde (spelling??) Of landing a 180 unispin.

Mike

It’s Verge, check the spelling in a French dictionary.

Teehee.

That type of break is because of a rim defect. The Nimbus rim is the same as the new Kris Holm rim, and the both those have a tendency to break like that.