Brake lever extension?

Need help finding one.

I have seen pictures and I have searched but can not find any information on extensions that you can bolt onto a brake lever. Looking for one for a Bengal Helix 3. Any info is appreciated.

At the moment the only one commercially available that I’m aware of is the KH “Spooner.” You may be able to pick up a Delta brake lever extension, but I don’t know if they make them anymore. I think it was originally designed to give access to the brake lever from a handlebar extension on a mountain bike.

If you do a search you can see some custom/DIY spooner type things on the forum.

Drill + old spoon + rivets. Bend to suit.

I do not recommend a brake lever extension on a road uni. I often choke up on the brake lever so I am pulling very close to the pivot. I find that approach gives me more control in braking. I try to use very gentle braking on my 36" on road rides. I am afraid you would loose the delicate touch with a brake lever.

The situation is different on a muni. There the slopes are steeper and I really do want to lock the wheel occasionally. I have a KH spooner on the muni and it works great.

Scott

KH Spoon on Hope lever

I just modified the end of a Hope brake lever to fit the KH spoon. It required a fair amount of patience, grinding and filing but eventually I did get it to fit.

I wouldn’t want to do this on a regular basis but it did work out.

I just modified the end of a Hope brake lever to fit the KH spoon. It required a fair amount of patience, grinding and filing but eventually I did get it to fit.

I wouldn’t want to do this on a regular basis but it did work out.