Boston on Rails

So hes done it. Sam (AgentQ) finally hit a real handrail. He nailed it on his first try and just about every attempt after it. How many of you out there are hitting real hand rails (not skate rails)?

We are going to get him on some nice big sets next. :wink:

nice. This is what street needs to see more of :sunglasses:

Cool shots! I notice in the first pic that his left heel is raised off the pedal, the cranks are vertical, and he looks like he’s about to bail, but in the second pic, the cranks are horizontal and even, and he looks more balanced.

I’d like to see somebody do THIS hand rail on a uni! :p:D :astonished:

that has to be one of the sickest unicycles ever.

nice grinds

I thought lots of people were grinding hand rails. :thinking:

Awesome job on the improvement and pictures.

Yeah, in the second shot the grind was definitely was much cleaner, though I do prefer the first one photographically.

what kind of camera do you have? those are some sick pictures

Haha, tomorrow i’m going to try to grind a 5 stair handrail, just to 1up you for the first time, Sam.

You know its quality when you can see the individual hairs of an ant halfway up his pantleg. :astonished:

:sunglasses:

Yeah, but I also notice that lots of good street riders are switching to flat.

nice pictures :roll_eyes:

Doing handrails with your pedals vertical happens a lot, but because you really don’t want to hurt yourself, you end up just kind of holding the grind anyways and it just looks a bit ugly.

I’ve only ever done one real handrail, they scare me. I’ve done a ton of good skate rails and stuff, but it’s true, they are completely different, whether or not they are down a set. I don’t think I have ever seen a handrail that wasn’t at least a tiny bit sketchy.

Brian, really nice photos. I agree with you about the first one being a better photo, photographically.

Nice! Did you hit that at the very top stair, or somewhere below?

Plus in Brian’s photos that rail appears to be flat on top. I wonder if round rails are more difficult to grind than square/flat top rails. Seems that a square top would afford a bit more stability that round.

Plus in Brian’s photos that rail appears to be flat on top. I wonder if round rails are more difficult to grind than square/flat top rails. Seems that a square top would afford a bit more stability that round.

I like the old photo look.

absolutely exceptional photography by Brian (oh - and a great grind by Sam!)

Anyone have a clue where that long rail is located in the youtube vid posted by Terry?

I have a clue…I was there, loL! It’s in Rancho Palos Verdes, CA, which is in the Beach cities area of Los Angeles county about 10 miles SW of LAX.