Bombproof uni for 190 lb rider

Re: A E Bike

Thanks, I’ll check them out.

Bedford makes great stuff too. I don’t know what the price difference is, but what about a Nimbus II Frame with KH parts? (Can you do that with the current wheelsets now?) I’ve got the '06 KH hub/cranks on my Nimbus II frame, and it’s served very well for several years now.

I’m just going to clear up some facts here.

$255+53= $308.00. The only reason to upgrade to the KH seat is for the cover and a slightly different shape, strengthwise they are the same. If you didn’t have access to a sewing machine ( it’s very easy to make the nimbus cover work with a CF seatbase) when you upgrade to a CF seatbase then I can understand the upgrade. But a Nimbus seat is going to break just as easily as a KH seat.

I agree shipping will be about $22.50 :angry: to ship to me in MT $330 TOTAL

Sorry, a Nimbus trials ISIS with moment cranks would be $330 and a Nimbus trials ISIS with moment cranks and twisted PC pedals is is 12.5lbs. If the published weight of the KH20 is correct, a KH20 with twisted PC pedals would be 11.34 lbs. So you are saving a 1.16lbs

$415 KH20
$330 Nimbus ISIS

Difference= $85.00

If you ride hard you will break the seatpost on both unis and the seat. The money you save getting the Nimbus will surely help when you need to purchase a CF seatbase and Chromoly post (which you should just upgrade to anyway). AEbike will not allow the upgrade on the KH so that will add to the cost.

So yes you pay about $85 ($65 if you get a KH seat) more for a uni that is 1.16lbs lighter (if the published weight is correct, someone please confirm) and for the sake of arguement is equally as strong as a nimbus, and blue.

I upgraded my seat post to a chromoly for free from udc when I purchased my Nimbus.