Bloody Ankels

Do you do the unispin picnic table gap in the trailer?

David

Yeah, I do that stupid gap thing. I was just being stupid so whatever dawg.

Yeah, you were just being stupid. ha. Kiddin that gap was sick. We should set the stuff up again and see how long you can gap now. Well yeah. Keaton Miller is a sick mother (shut your mouth), yeah. Dude i can’t wait to sess today. Laters

-Shaun

It took me about a year to destroy mine, and I was riding a Summit 20" with the nasty cranks nearly the entire time. In fact, one of the original Wellgo pedals on the uni just snapped, so I’d say that the ankle biters had their share of punishment.

Once the inner ankle cup tears off, you can cut the sole inserts and place the left foot protector on the right foot and vice-versa. Its no longer a perfect fit, but it definately extends the life a bit more. Its a great fix if you’re hard up for $$$.

I’ve been riding old-style Kh cranks for over a year and i don’t think i’ve ever caught my ankles on them, i put it down to pedal choice, some have longer stub axles than others, DMR V12s are great, also wearing something like a light walking boot, Merrell, Columbia or similar seems to help, even though they don’t have any specific protection to combat this problem.

haha shaun you suck in defect!! ´kiddin

I got the ACTIVE ANKLES as a solution to the old KH crank problem. They were a bit uncomfortable and a pain to deal with. They also got torn up a little when I rode trials using the KH cranks but never when I rode MUni with Kookas. I have since modified the KH cranks that I have by removing the brutal protrusions. I no longer use the ankle protection.

I tried the Fox ankle guards…they broke in 3 hours…alas. The problem was that the only thing holding the plastic cups on was a thin, stretchy, lycra-esque cover, and lycra doesn’t play well with metal edges.

I’ve since stopped hitting my ankles on my cranks though, and I really couldn’t tell you why…perhaps it was that I realized I had a horrible stance, and just corrected it automatically shrug. The kh/onza cranks are awesome, but they will murder your ankles…