"Blood, Sweat and Wheels" plays to Georgetown University Film Fest

This past weekend was the Georgetown University film fest, and preliminary cut of the Moab video played on sunday with good reaction. The audience didn’t know what the video was about and, of course, most of them had never heard of Muni. There was some good shock value and some laughs.

One thing that I was a little unhappy about was that it seemed to be very long in the screening. Clocking in at 25 minutes, it felt like a lot slower screened in front of an auditorium full of people compared to when I watched it by myself. Nathan, you can say “I told you so”. This is something I’ll revisit in the final cut, I’m going to try to make it a lot tighter without hurting the music timing - not an easy task.

Just for fun, here’s a list of things I can remember that got a good reaction:

-Beau Hoover’s answer to “What is MUni?”: a mixture of pain, happiness, and despair - good laughs.

-the phrase “cheap Taiwanese frame” got some laughs. who’da thought?

-Karl on the cliff got some good gasps

-People were most impressed with Kris Holm’s downhill glide at fins 'n things, and impossible drop at the Porcupine trailhead

-Kris saying “I think that’s the future of cross-coutnry unicycling” got some laughs.

-Ultimate Wheel competitions - Brian Hanson and Beau - great shock value sprinkled in halfway through.

-John Foss’s superlong downhilll glide with tire POV.

-Scot Cooper chugging up what seemed to be an impossibly steep slope on the slickrock.

All in all, I think the response was good, but I am now driven to get the video a lot tighter for the finished product. Again, I hope to have it done by the end of the month.