bjc2005--- venue-- skate park.

i dearly hope that all the british trials riders are going to head up to perth for the british juggling convention. its a long way off but i checked out the venue yesterday.

the site is just a stones throw from a skatepark, not just any old skate park though. its fantastic, with grinds, funboxes rails, drops and spines.

i’ll get some pictures one day but i’m just about to leave the country for a few months.
perhaps fuzzy will do it?

trust me, its the real sh#t. as skaters say when they want to tell you something is good.

Just out of interest, which park is it?

Perth?!

Here’s me thinking Billingham was a hell of a long way away for BUC…

Phil

ows,
the park is at south inch. theres also annother one nearby but i didn’t get the chance to check it out.

the box edges in the park are metal too! happy grinding!

phil,

i live in scotland (mostly)
and i recall seeing you at a few events south of the border, quit yer whinging. just remember how lucky you are not to have to travel hundreds of miles to all the other conventions.

it’ll be realy nice to be able to get a local bus to a convention for a change, rather than traveling all the way to places like brighton,

i’ll also be scouting for a nice place for a muni ride for the likes of you phil. so don’t even think about not turning up.

But whinging and bitching is what makes the world go round… :slight_smile:

I’ve been to events ooop norf before because last year I was in York. Now I have a tad further to go…

Phil, n00b southern pansy

it may be a long way, but BJC (last year at least) was possibly one of the coolest things ever. I’ve never been at an event before where I could happily spend 3 days sat in a tent watching other people do things. I kept needing to remember to close my mouth to stop me from dribbling.

Plus if you can get as far as nottingham we (me/ugglesoc) may have cunning plans. Maybe.

John

Re: bjc2005— venue-- skate park.

johnhimsworth wrote:
> Plus if you can get as far as nottingham we (me/ugglesoc) may have
> cunning plans. Maybe.

If you can get the same venue, campsite and weather as the 1997 BJC, you
could be onto a winner.

Danny Colyer (the UK company has been laughed out of my reply address)
<URL:http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/danny/>
“He who dares not offend cannot be honest.” - Thomas Paine

Re: Re: bjc2005— venue-- skate park.

I was talking about getting to Perth, not organising one here. Nice though it would be, organising a BJC is a little bit beyond our club.

John

johnhimsworth wrote:
> I was talking about getting to Perth, not organising one here. Nice
> though it would be, organising a BJC is a little bit beyond our club.

Ah. Right. That’s what happens when you drop vague hints, you see.
You get numpties jumping to conclusions.

Shame, though. The Nottingham BJC was a good one.

Danny Colyer (the UK company has been laughed out of my reply address)
<URL:http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/danny/>
“He who dares not offend cannot be honest.” - Thomas Paine

Oh great, have u seen the dates for the convention, 31 March - 3 April. My birthdays on the 1st April, how about a 18th birthday at the brit juggling convention.

Cool if i could go, how many ppl do u think would buy me a beer??

It is the BJC’s 18th as well. So you will have to buy everone there a beer as well.
Hope to se you all there.

I’m up for some muni at bjc, along with a bit o trials, and it certainly will be good getting a local bus to it.

I might fire up on the bus one weekend to see this skate park, if I do i’ll take my camera and post the results.

Thomas.

I was getting excited when I saw perth just hanging around there, but then I figured out it must be perth in… Scotland right?

If you sarted now how long would it take you to get up here?
Average speed of unicycle about 5-7 mile an hour say 10 if you have a larger wheel and it makes the maths easy distance about 15,000 miles 1500 hours average days ride 5 hours = 300 days.
You better get started.

See you in March Perth, Scotland
Graham

ill b there 4 sure, it will b my first convention :wink: hope 2 c sum ppl there,

ross

phots of perth’s skate board park

I finaly fot up there and took some photos, well Britta took the photos I had a wee ride around the park (the big bloke on the KH). The photos have now been put on the web I tried to stick them on here but could not get on. So they are on the photos page of www.bjc2005.co.uk the button is at the bottom of the page.

SEE You all in Perth