BJC Perth

Hi all for those who have not been to the BJC site. There is to be a unicycle only show. 4 till 6 in the Beer hall stage on the Friday. We have two German free stylest coming over and have already confirmed that they would like to be in the show. If anyone else would like to commit to performing in the show then can you email me or Ewan. Full details on the site www.bjc2005.co.uk

The unicycle reel is compleated I will do a test run at the juggling club tonight and tweek it nessesery be for posting it on the BJC site.

See you in Perth
Graham

Unicycle Reel

Unicycle reel You can also find the directions on the bjc web site. www.bjc2005.co.uk

This dance has been created for the BJC Perth 2005. I have posted it so any of you unicyclists can practise it for the ceilidh on the Friday night.

You have two sections. The beginning is repeated at the end like a eight some reel. The numbers are beat counts.

You form a set of three couples. Gents facing ladies.

L1 L2 L3

G1 G2 G3

Start and end section

Hold hands in you line Advance in your lines (i.e. g1 g2 g3) for the count of 4
Retreat back for the count of 4

Drop hands Advance through the other line pass right shoulders and turn and face your partner for the count of 8. (You should now be in the starting position of your partner)

All hold hands in a circle and turn clockwise for the count of 8
Then go anticlockwise for the count of 8

(Repeat this section so you end up back at your starting position.)

Hold hands in you line Advance in your lines (g1 g2 g3) for the count of 4
Retreat back for the count of 4

Drop hands Advance through the other line pass right shoulders and turn and face your partner for the count of 8. (You should now be in your starting position)

All hold hands in a circle and turn clockwise for the count of 8
Then go anticlockwise for the count of 8

(you should now be in your starting positions)

That is the end of the start and end section.

The middle bit.

L1 L2 L3
x
G1 G2 G3

The first two couples form a right hand star, and turn for the count of 8
(G1,l1,g2,l2 all put their right hand in the middle marked with the x. You all hold each others hand facing clockwise)

Turn and do a left hand star for the count of 8.
(Place your right hand in the middle by turning on the spot clockwise. You will now be facing in the opposite direction)

The top couples go around the back of their side of the set to the bottom of the set. Count of 8

-------„³

L1 L2 L3 (L1)

G1 G2 G3 (G1)
-------„³

The top couple now forms a right-hand star with the bottom couple. For the count of 8
Turn and form a left-hand star for the count of 8.

The top couple go around the back of the set to the top. For the count of 8.

The other two couples move forward to form a line in the middle. Have your partner to your right.

G2 L2 G3 L3

Couple 1, hold left hands forming a bridge, and go to the bottom of the set for the count of 8

Spin your partner then get back into your new position for the count of 8 (or until you get back in time with the music)

L1-------„³

G2 L2 G3 L3
G1 -----„³

We now have a new top couple. This section is repeated two more times so every one is the top couple…

The First bit is now repeated to end the dance

Have fun with this the second ceilidh dance for jugglers.

Re: BJC Perth

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 07:00:55 -0600, “fuzzy” wrote:

>Unicycle reel

Now you should find some musicians on unicycles.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict

“Deflating pi does not reduce calories, it just concentrates them. - billham”

Re: Re: BJC Perth

I can play Irish whistle whilst riding. Although not particularly well and last time I played whistle I could only remember a couple of tunes without looking them up. It isn’t really that hard once you can do both things.

Joe

Come up and play

Are you comming up It would ba laugh, to have you play with the band. At the Scottish a couple of jugglerss join the band and have a fab time with it.

It all starts next week
Graham