Biggest Stair

Stairs are all different, my personal best is a 9 set that was steep, more typically is for me to clear about a 6 or 7 set. There are some stairs though that are wide and I cant even clear a 4 set.

thanks james potter, so then what’s it called when u just roll down?, i guess that’s nothing special?

Riding down a set of stairs is just called riding down a set of stairs, as far as I know. No special name or anything.

just jumping stair sets is stupid unless u do something over them then its pointless. Its like doing a big drop to flat , its dumb.

ive done 10, but 7 or 8 is as high as ill ever go again. i hate juming sets!! unless tricks are involved.

Kozy

I gotta agree with Justin. I’ve done 8 or 9, but I don’t do them anymore. Over 6 it starts to hurt. They also get kinda monotonous. Past about 7 I either decide to just ride down them or walk it. Airing them sucks for your ankles. I’ve gone up a 4 set before. That was a little more entertaining, but more importantly less painful.

if its hurting then you’re doing it wrong…

i reckon start doing tricks down 10 sets would sort out the pros from the boys… (not that ive done anyhting more than jump down 10)

i wanna see someone do a crankflip down 5 stairs… tell me it can be done. and that it has

crankflip so hard trick to do just on the ground. But i think it’s coming soon, and it’s coming original and big. good luck with the crankflip down sets. Peace

Simon

Isn’t it a little irrelavent of the number of steps, because all steps are different sizes, although obviously a set of 11 is bigger than a set of 3…
ah well.
thanks,
Aaron

Good point! Like I could make my own stair set out of like 4X4’s and do like a 22 stair jump cause the stairs are so small.

I know my form isn’t perfect, simply because I almost never do big drops to flat, but I know my form is good enough that it’s not the reason why it hurts. I just don’t like the feeling of doing big drops to flat, so past about 6 stairs I either get bored or can’t justify it to myself.

I think a crankflip down a 5 set would be cool. The only problem is that on big sets you have to really jump, and it’s hard to do a big jump while doing a crankflip.

yeah,

i dont see how doing bigger stair sets seperates the men from the boys, i’d rather see a hard trick done down a 6 or 7 set then a 10 or 12 set. I dont think ull see me trying to 180 a 12 set anytime soon, ill stick to my 6 and 8’s thank you very much.

haha,

I’d rather see street be taken to more of a technicanl aspect of riding then just throwing your self down sets. I still think a 180 or 360 unipin over a 5 would be SWICK ( sweet+sick=SWICK)

anyyyyyywho.

this forum is way off topic. has anyone answered the Q?

Kozy

dont worry about it being off topic. this is a way better topic now. i agree with justin for once in my life kind of. i think that harder tricks down like 5s or 6s are better to see than someone jumping down a huge set. but they both have different aspects to them. one is more technical, and one is just big. it depends on the riders style really. i mean crankflip and unispins down 5 haventbeen done yet that i know of, but i can guarentee you they will. but once it happens down 5, i bet it will happen down 8 or 9 within a year. so every trick down some stairs usually starts small, but gets big really quickly. i also agree with tomsey. he wasnt saying that if you can hop bigger stairs, then you are a man. hes saying if you can do tricks over 10 sets, then you have been separated. i have only hopped 10, but tricks are coming down them for sure really soon. within the next 2 years, there will be a huge separation between the really good street riders and the decent ones. i dunno, we’ll see what happens i guess. i mean doing big handrails doesnt impress me as much as doing a technical trick down 5 or 6 stairs. anyways, thats my thinking

Kevin

well, i killed my cranks on a 6 set…

:roll_eyes:

i need profiles, because my form sucks. i would improve it, but while doing that i would kill a lot of cranks…

the only thing that makes you to a good street rider is when you got a really clean style and do tech trick, doesn’t matter if you go big, just got your own style and you haft to be creative…

Simon

This might sound crazy but i heard at a unimeet that simon mcandrew had done insanely big sets. i know this sounds crazy but people were saying hed done 25, these were on a motorway bridge tho so may have been small. even if this figure wasnt true the set must have been in excess of 15 for anyone to suppose 25. personally i believe it to be true because simon is amazingly good and i could see him doing things like that. for example i remember him nearly clearing 8 or 9 steps from a stationary hop.

anyway the most ive cleared is 5, but with ease, but i havnt found any 6s to try out.

i agree with gerble tho, clearing set is painful and i cant see myself going past 7 just cus i dont want to screw up my knee thats already playing up.

iain

1. i know i suck but i dont want to bend my hub and cranks :frowning:

yeah I found 5 and 6 sets easy. Then the transistion to 7 is a bit harder, I think it took me 4 goes to get a 7 stair, while on 5 and 6 I did it first time.

Lately we started seeing how many stairs we could side hop/gap, since this is a skill we can actually use on a MUni. Anything beyond 4 stairs starts getting hairy, and also hard to stick. The wipeout factor is high (bashing down more stairs). You also have to be pretty accurate, and run something like an Arrow Wide Bite “Sticky Rubber” tire to keep from skidding off. It’s a fun game. Wear gear . . .

JL

yeah that’s right :smiley:

Simon

Drew I’ve never seen you try 4, but yah 5 is most. Haven’t seen any other stairs that are 6 or 7, mostly more or less.