Better (yet still afordable)36" than the Coker?

we’re looking at getting Stockton Super-Wheels in a Hunter frame with handle, airseat and brake
what we’re losing on the gearing, i think we’re making up in the quality of the wheel and frame
while we do have someone paying for it, that by no means indicates an unlimited budget (if it did, we’d all be on 1200 Springer SoftTails)

The Uk Unicycle Team at Unicon have been sponsered in the Past, by two different firms. In each case they paid for our team shirts and had their logo on the front. Some of the European hockey teams are sponsered by various firms including local shops. Unicycle.uk.com have sponsered a number of mountian mayhem teams with entry fees, tyres, cranks etc and shirts over the years.Movaris have sponsered some 24hr teams in the USA I think, BUT I’m not aware of any sponsered road race teams yet.

Sarah

Re: Better (yet still afordable)36" than the Coker?

Yes, but it is probably going to be there too late I think. There is going to be a Unicycle.com 36" Unicycle coming out. It is going to come as standard with the wide flange hub and KH saddle. It will have the Qu-Ax tyre. It should be also competitively priced against the standard Coker - but vastly better quality.

The problem of shipping to South Africa is that it is the highest shipping rate of any country in the world from Europe.

I tried to ship one Coker by our standard carrier (Craigs) and the cost of shipping was about the same cost as the unicycle. It was then lost by them… and they told me that because it was South Africa it was not covered by their insurance! So I then had to ship another Coker out by DHL which cost twice as much as the origional cost of shipping! (but at least it got there). It was my largest loss on a sale ever!

If you can wait until July (I think) until the new unicycles arrive is to buy one from New Zealand or Australia as the shipping costs will be so much lower. Admitidly this would not have the airo rim, but the cost of getting that would almost be the same as getting the whole unicycle from Australia… nice but not essential at such a cost. Getting GB handle or what ever it is you need is a preference thing, you should try things out first and work out what you want, I really like my handle which is similar to a GB one (it has a few exra bits on it though).

It does look a lovely route, wish I could come and play.

Roger

Re: Re: Better (yet still afordable)36" than the Coker?

thanx roger
since first posting this thread, i’ve been speaking to U-Turn and if this whole thing comes off, will get the unis from him

that (second) coker u sent out is currently lying on the back seat of my car
craig, the guy who bought it from u originally, got an aerfoil version last year and sold his old one to JayneZA
i used it as a visual aid when i did the presentation for this sponsorship deal on saturday and Jayne agreed to me keeping it to get a bit of a head-start on training

it would be excellent to have some international competitors taking part as well
maybe next year