Best places to learn trials,

USA isn’t so sweet either if you dont live by a city or town… i have to make everything i ride unless i can get a ride into the village(which is about 15 min. away… but i still need a ride from my parents.) if you have some property, get some wood and pallets and stuff and make some trials stuff to exactly wat you want and you can change it when ever you want.

I think as unicyclists we have a major advantage to this “guerilla” style of trials riding. If the cops ever roll up as we’re riding on any sort of public property, who’s the wiser. Not very many people at all know of “uni trials”…the cops wouldn’t think twice unless you were caught in the act on.

I’m all about riding anywhere doing anything, but I have to admit that now that I’m almost 30 years old I have a large amount of respect for people’s property whether it be someone’s staircases, or some sort of public property…I use respect. Since these forums are mainly filled with you younger guys, I encourage you to all do the same. If you can see that you are wrecking something by riding on it, then find something else. It might be common sense to some, but this is why skateboarders have wrecked it for themselves everywhere.

and if it’s too hard to comprehend…I’ll break it down. There’s no difference between doing pedal grabs on a public bench and chipping the paint off and vandal’s ruining your “trials pallettes” in your backyard while you’re sleeping.

James

JAMES JAMES JAMES

on saturday im working not friday,

but i cant afford the train but im getting paid soon so for sure!

I tend to pay attention to what I ride on, sure everywhere I go I see trials lines and street lines (granted I suck at both so I just see myself doing them perfectly in my head) but when I attempt them I pay attention to any damage I do and try to fix it if it’s more than a scratch on the paint. if I do too much damage I move to another spot and come back to the previous spot when I feel more confident and less like I’ll do more damage.

concidred, then I remembered the weight of my muni

public transportation is good if you live near it… if not then you should start doing some distance riding, it’s amazing fun!

the day I’m allowed on piblic transportation :roll_eyes: A mate of mines learning though so mabey in aw while. I did a long ride up a long hill on friday, my thighs still ach :slight_smile:

btw: you’ll get WWing :wink:

did you see my post in the WW tutorial thread? I have almost got it now… anyway, I live about a half mile from the nearest bus stop, so public transit is easy for me, and Downtown Portland has a lot of good places to ride if you look…

do you ever get any trouble from people for hopping on stuff?

If I had pallets I know I could jump higher, because I could practice on them everyday, have no idea where to find some.

only sometimes…

try Home Depot the link is my video of me doing trials at home depot…

Many businesses that use pallets would be willing to give you a few. Find the ones that will and over several months you could build up a huge selection.

Build your own coursewww.unicycletips.com - Obstacle building

coool

I live around old people so the whole flower bed/ wall situation is a bit…out of bounds haha plus the walls i would love to ride would fall probably, yeah i have 2 woods near me some proper nice hills and hench jumps for Muni lol so ill have to go to town, i have access to like 7 =] i love where i live, and as for palletes if u see someone who has bricks in their garden or being delivered just ask them if u can have them cos they only throw them away
bye

Pah, I’ve carried my old muni (nimbus with the old Kh hub, very heavy) up mountains and walked round london all day with it like that. A few mins on a bike is nothing.

how did you attach it to your bike? or did you use the rucksac method?

strap it upside down on the back of the rucksack, I have to do it everytime i go riding at chicksands cos its a few miles to my mates house, its very little hassle

dossen’t the seat hit the back wheel?

nope, because you lean forward when your ride a back your back is at a sufficient angle that the seat sticks out backwards over the rear wheel. The only thing to watch is that if the uni wheel is too high on the rucksack you will hit your head on it when you get on the bike.

oh I see