Best pictures of 2017 for World Unicycling Calendar

Another one

That uphill race was STEEP!!!

I really love the scenery of the of the south island, I would have loved to ride it with you Ken, unfortunately I was one year to early in New Zealand for it. Looks like you also made it up Baldwin Street:)

Yes you were! We still have to finish our blog and get the rest of the photos up.

I made it up Baldwin St 10yrs ago on a 20".

I wanted to try my 29’er/125’s but my seat twisted when I was half way up, and on my second attempt it started raining and getting really slippery. Managed to ride up again on a 20", might have to wait for better weather for the 29" attempt.

Augie descending

Augie

Definitely looking forward to the upcoming calendar. Thanks for previous and in advance for the upcoming versions.

I nominate 2551 (the second picture).

DSC02893 is bonkers. That’s all brake, right?

Hard as it would be to pick just one of Turtle’s shots, that is definitely one of the best. I also like the one with that beautiful reflection in the water.

No, I’d say it’s about 15% skill, 30% brakes, and 55% balls. Give or take.

Have fun filling only 12 pages, Klaas!

I moved to California last year and I’m still stunned by the amazing geology. Also great for riding :slight_smile:

And here’s something completely different: brake coasting down Fargo Street.

this is David Weichenberger, yes with a brake. Picture is taken by me, at our 6 day muni tour in the swiss alps!

1. First leg of a uni to skin to ski epic Independence Pass, Colorado 3,688 meters - 12,100’ June 2017
  2. Fall colors MUni Aspen, Co. September 2017
  3. Handcuffs trail MUni Loma, Co. February 2017
  4. Early season 36er ride, caught in a blizzard. Douglass Pass, Colorado 2,520meters,- 8268’ April 2017

1. Haleakala with summit telescopes in view. uphill on road, down 2,134 meters,-7,000’ MUni dirt Maui, Hi October 2017
  2. Maroon Lake- Maroon Bells Aspen, Co. September 2017
  3. Mt. Evans Hillclimb Summit Lake, 3,962 meters-13,000’
  4. Mt. Evans Hillclimb Final switchbacks top of climb is 4,306 meters- 14,130’ July 2017

World Unicycling Calendar 2018 is ready

The World Unicycling Calendar 2018 is ready, and available for anyone to download for free.

Sorry that it took longer than usual. The calendar is created in Excel and I had a big problem this year to convert to print-quality pdf. Finally I solved it.

Thanks all for the amazing contributions. I had a hard time again to choose the twelve pictures. Below is an impression of the final product on my wall. Also the 12 that made the final selection, and the 16 that were on my shortlist but just didn’t make it.

The calendar is available as a free download, for anyone interested. Send me your email address through PM or to klaas.bil (at) unicyclist (dot) com, and I will send you a personal download link. It consists of a single pdf file, to be printed by yourself. I recommend glossy photo paper. It is optimised for the international standard A4 paper size, so Americans may have to fiddle somewhat with dimensions. Everything is in English now, including the month and weekday names that previously were in Dutch. The only remaining exotic touch, if you will, is that The Netherlands’s Kings’ Day on the 27th of April is marked as a holiday.
Please: no redistribution, no commercial use.

Looks amazing, as usual! So many great pictures to choose from, but I’m still kind of bummed I didn’t make it even into the selects. I take that as a challenge to myself for 2018!

So… was there supposed to be a link in that previous post? :smiley:

John, he gives us options, pm or email, choose one. I followed his directions and received my download link in an email within a few minutes.

JM

2 Likes

John, some of your pictures were on my longlist, if that helps :slight_smile:

Indeed, I’d like to keep track where my calendar ends up. It’s a thrill to know that it hangs on office and home walls throughout the world.

You will have to make your own calendar with just your own pictures. It will be like looking in the mirror. :smiley:

Thanks for creating this, looking forwward to recieving the link :smiley: