Best Muni/Trials Shoe

you sold me dude!

I got the 5/10s and like them a lot. I stopped wearing my ankle supports because they seem so beefy.
I haven’t kick a boulder yet, but the toes seems pretty protected.

I like them with the schlumpf too. I shift with the ankles instead of the heels.

The house of the Old lady who, to my knowledge lives in a shoe, offers for some great urban trials.

same for me: I started wearing a pair of 5/10 hi impact and stopped using 661 ankle support. some time ago I had a very bad fall including a bad twist for my ankles and survived (almost) unarmed. (too bad I also severely twisted my wrist: now I wear huge hockey wrist protections all the time).

shoes

i just wear vans/skatingshoes. but hey, what do i know. ive had tape on my ankles more then once.

5 10 impact2 is amazing. My mom found a bike shop near by where i live that always keeps them stocked.

I’m happy to see that so many people have bought the 5.10 high impacts! Glad mine and others reviews could help. :smiley:

I would not get the 510 impacts for trials.
Trials riders need flexibility and ease of movement. I’d hate to ride a rail with these shoes.

Me too! I’d rather use my trials for that, lol!:wink: Although that might be fun come to think of it…“shoe grinding!”

Sounds like you need Grind shoes :wink: :

http://secure.rollerwarehouse.com/item/SOAP/EXPRESS_SHOE/id/112SAP3020/

If I wore those Impacts, my feet would burn up in the summer. I have to wear white or light colored shoes for summer Muni rides. I wear stiff soled (usually meaning New Balance) running shoes that have a bridge in the arch.

I wear McDavid ankle braces. These have a slot where you can add a stiffener. I made my own inserts from a sheet of 24X36X1/16" plastic. I’ve tried thicker plastic, but it was uncomfortable because it wouldn’t mold to my food, putting a lot of pressure on my ankles.

I tried that lace up brace w/ the velcro straps in the store and if felt like it had a bit more support than my McDavid’s, but not even close when I added my inserts.

Swede-O makes
http://www.amazon.com/Swede-O-Ankle-Lace-Up-stabilizer-inserts/dp/B00025DOW4/
. They have more lace eyelets and if you use them, a tad more support. But my McDavid’s allow me to put in slightly bigger inserts, making the McD’s more supportive w/ them.

A couple of arguments for braces are you have a much wider selection of shoes, and each brace has lasted me at least as long as 2 pairs of shoes.

Cool, I’ve been wanting to try some ankle braces for riding. Ankles seem to be my weak point. Just need to find a local retailer that carries them.

As far as shoes for MUni and trials, I use my Vasque Breeze XTR light hikers. I find the most critical thing for shoes is the sole… it can’t be too stiff or too soft. I’ve found it’s a personal preference.

five ten inpact mid

Santa gave me some impacts and I find them very comfortable and fit my broad feet well.I find these shoes almost too grippy at first but have now gotten used to them for repositioning on the pedal.My preference would be a slightly more flexible sole but this could be me still adapting from my previous very thin soled shoes.In warmer climates the lower cut version of this shoe might be more suitable as its 30C(86F) plus lately and snug shoes only add to overheating and I find the padding on the ankles scrapes on the cranks.They make a pretty decent hiking shoe as well I did 15km the other day in them.