Best FREESTYLE uni under 200$?

sorry for threadjack,
but miles, get yo’ butt on AIM or gimme a PM back.

High school physics lesson

Every force acting on an object is opposed by an equal and opposite force.
This means that when a rider jumps in the air and puts tourqe on the uni, spins it 360 and lands on the petals, it is even harder then it seems. If the uni were weightless, anyone with modest practice, could jump, spin it around once or three times. You would land facing the same direction as you did when you jumped. Now why it’s hard.
When a 100 lb. rider jumps straight up and spins a 10 lb uni 360 under him , the uni trys to spin the rider 36 degrees! It does not matter how strong the rider is or how talented. If the uni weighs only 5 lbs. it would spin the rider only 18 degrees. To do a 360 and land on the uni pedals, one must compensate not only for the resistance of the uni’s weight to be spun… but also the uni’s spinning of the rider ! So the harder tricks you do, the more important the uni’s weight!
It is this same problem that mandates that fine race cars or motorcycles be made not just strong, but light. Surely you must have known.

I’m not selling ax’s

Maybe the nimbus is better. It could be better made, stronger. Certainly it has a better seat. My point wasn’t that the ax wins by a pound. Weight is something an expert already knows about. The lighter the beginner, the more I think they would appreciate a lighter ride.
As far as the seat tube diameter, thats because they are alum. Alum tubes need more diameter to get the best weight strenth compromise then steel does.
You see the same thing in motorcycle frames. Steel frame tubes are skinnier. The KH alum tubes are 27mm. It’s part of light design to change design shape to match with the materials unique properties.

Open your physics book and restudy the chapters on Newton’s laws,torque, and circular motion.

Once the rider is in the air and applies a force to spin the uni, the uni applies the same force to spin the rider in the opposite direction. Since the rider weighs significantly more than the uni, the rider doesn’t rotate much. If the uni is lighter it will do some tricks more easily esp. like uni spins and crank flips (mainly wheel weiight).

They make tubes out of alluminum and steel? :astonished:

:angry: tubes are made of rubber. What planet are you from?

The AX would be bad for freestyle because like Miles said, it has a rounded crown.

The Nimbus X has a “flat crown” (side to side), but it is ‘rounded’ (front to back). I think a completely flat crown, like the other one posted earlier or one like the Semsycle.

Would a frame like a Yuni or Nimbus II be better? Nimbus on UDC says the Nimbus II style is better for foot on frame tricks because it tilts the foot inwards. Which is better?

Edit: as far as strength the Nimbus X should be fine for everything as long as it’s flatland.

they bith have thir advantages, i have a nimbus two frame on my trials uni and i HAD a torker lx with the flat crown frame and i would say that they both work equally well HOWEVER nimbus 2 syyle frames tend to be stronger

of course freestyl eunicycles are supposed to be light.

you seriously do not know what you are talking about.

i dont? sob!

um i would like a full on freestlye unicycle. ax’s dont have smooth tires or longnecks and they dont have flat crowns.
so they seem like trials wannabeez

um i was loking at www.bedfordunicycles.ca and i was looking under the freestyle and i saw a kh 20 freestlye unicycle for 295 monies does any1 know any thing about this

i thought that kris holm only made trials and muni?

what freestlyer do you know that hops up and down and does street tricks on their freestyle unicycle? You may possibly be even dumber than GWB! If you plan on doing street, you get a trials unicycle, it is as simple as that.

you want a freestyle uni to be light. basically thats just it.

its easier to move around when your doing tricks if its lighter.

and if you are planning on doing street, i’d get a street, not a trials uni. as simple as that.

how much of a difference is a pound going to make. honestly. And a trials uni IS a street uni. Just with (sometimes) slightly longer cranks.

yeah good one.

but if you actually took time to read the posts you’d see i was reffering to chrisjames’ post directly above mine, where he says if you plan on doing street you get a trials unicycle, i was saying if your planing on doing street you get a street unicycle.

try reading the posts next time, is 50% the capacity your brain runs at?

no, they arent.

if you cared to look in the koxx one website you’ll see they have different sections to buy a trials or a street uni.

if they were the same why’d they make them in two different sections?

yeah.

this is a FREESTYLE uni thread so i you wanna argue about that then send some PMs.

trials and street unis are very simialar. the main difference being the crank size, street unis tend to have shorter cranks, other than that they are basically the same thing.

Maybe you should read the original post and purpose of this thread and realize that 50 Percent was the original poster and was trying to get the thread back on topic.

maybe you should appreciate the fact that i was correcting what the person before me said.

that was it i was going to leave it there.

then you guys come on here and start bitching about this is not what the thread is about.

the thread would be on topic if he hadnt have quoted me at the top of this page.

so i suggest we just leave it here then. nothing more needs to be said.

when you start moderating the forums let me know would ya?

Then:

Mhmm, nothing more needs to be said now. Sorry, I had to chime in.