Belfast Juggling Convention & Record Attempt 25th-27th Feb

Apologies for the late notice,

The Belfast Juggling Convention is back for yet another year.

When: Friday 25th- Sunday 27th Fed 2011
Where: QUB Students Union (Opposite QUB Lanyon, The Main building)

Prices
£25 full Weekend ticket
Friday Day - £5
Friday Night Gala - £7
Saturday - £10
Saturday Night - £5
Sunday - £5
(Unfortunately we are unable to accept payments in Euros)
The events during the day take place in the Snackbar with the use of the space if necessary.
The Gala is in Mandela Hall and the Renegade in the Speakeasy.
(All of which are in the Student’s Union)

Times:
Friday 11am-6pm
Gala 8pm- late
Saturday 10am-6pm
Renegade 8pm- late
Sunday 12pm-4pm
Please note that due to the sale of alcohol both the Gala and Renegade are strictly over 18’s. Door staff will be present and will check ID.

Tickets can be bought on the day or bought in advance from:
http://admin.qol.qub.ac.uk/ecommerce/cl … =1341_1367

Can I ask that group bookings contact me in advance please before using the pre-reg option.

Anyone attending the daytime parts of the convention will also be required to sign a sheet of T&C’s on arrival.

Don’t forget i am able to take pre-reg for the British Juggling Convention. If you do plan on going then please sign up with myself, the more i sign up the more free tickets i get to give away!

Shops
We will have some items for sale over the course of the weekend including Juggling Club Waistcoats for £25 and Juggling Club Hoodies for £30. (Juggling Club Bottle Openers £3 tbc)
If we run out of any of these I can take orders and post at a later date to a given address free of charge!

We welcome both Kiblitz and FlameStix again this year who will be present selling their goods!

Accommodation
Below are a list of hostels available close to the Student’s Union, and the site for the weekend activities:

Arnie’s Backpackers Belfast
22 bed hostel, free wifi, cosy open fire.
Tel: 028 90242867

Paddy’s Palace Belfast
Last years favourite!
40-60 beds, stay 2 nights and get a free causeway tour on Sunday
For more information Google Paddy’s Palace Belfast
Phone 028 90333367 asap (next few days) as rooms are booking out quick

Lagan Backpackers
Wifi, Internet access, free on street parking.
http://www.laganbackpackers.com

Linen House Belfast
Wifi, games room, car parking
http://www.belfasthostel.com

There are also a wide range of B&Bs and hotels in the Belfast city area. See Google

Places to eat

Within the Student’s Union there is a Starbucks, a frozen yoghurt café, the relish restaurant and a Clements.
So - The Frozen Yoghurt Shop have agreed a special offer for all convention goers so please support them.

We recommend convention goers use the SU Shop which is the cheapest in the area, and sells sandwiches, drinks, newspapers and stationary, as well as everything in between.

A short walk in almost any direction will bring you to cafes, restaurants and takeaways.

So Whats Happening??

Friday 11am-6pm
Welcome, Registration and Orientation
Beginners Workshops and Games
Set up for Gala Show

Friday Gala 8pm – Late
Line up to be announced later next week
The bar will be doing us some great offers, so please buy as much as you can from the bar responsibility of course :wink:
Out side drink is prohibited.

Saturday Day 10am-6pm
Welcome and registration
Beginner and advanced workshops (to be announced later next week)
Unicycle basketball tournament
Unicycle hockey tournament
(Can teams please contact in advance, and please note there is a £5 participation fee per team per tournament to cover trophy costs)
Also in attendance hosting workshops throughout the day, we are very pleased to welcome to our convention QUB Origami Society!
Renagade set up (help welcome)

I am also proud to welcome QUB Dragonslayers (Anime and Gaming society) who are running a 24 hour session over the course of Saturday through to Sunday. Convention goers can access all their facilities (board games, trading card games, dice and an array of console and PC games for just £5 extra (The same price as a club member). This is a great opportunity for people to effectively have a 24 hour gaming and juggling hall for just £5 on the Saturday.
Please note that anyone who is found to have drank too much at the renegade will not be allowed to stay the night for security reasons.

Fire show 6pm-7pm
Join us as we attempt to beat the World Record for “The most people spinning fire” the current record is 112. In order to successfully complete this task, strict guidelines must be followed. Fire spinning is defined as the manipulation of objects on fire with one or more bundles of wick which are ignited. Each participant must spin for a minimum of 3 minutes. Anyone whose’s flame fails to stay lit will be eliminated from the final count. The attempt will take place in front of the QUB Lanyon building opposite the Students Union.

Renegade 8pm-Late
Time for some Drunkin stand up juggling action!!!
The bar will be doing us some great offers, so please buy as much as you can from the bar responsibility of course :wink:
Out side drink is prohibited.
Our compares for the evening are “Francie and Bertie”
We encourage juggling old and new to get up and show us some skills!

Sunday 12-4pm
Juggling games with Prizes
Clean Up

Thanks everyone and any questions please ask away any questions you may have.