bearing play and profile creak

It’s nice to know someone’s been paying attention to my posts:) . I’m waiting for a reply from Profile. I can now get it from the Autralian Profile distributor and avoid paying $250AUS on shipping. When I do get the hub and cranks, I’ll send them away to a company called Picony or something like that, and have a frame custom built. It’ll apparently end up quite a bit cheaper than shipping a new unicycle in from the US. The only difference between the Yuni and the custom unictcle I’m getting is the frame. So I have finally started doing something towards buying it. I’ll post a nice long review about it when it’s all done.

Hmmm, that always works fine for me…

I originally tried this, but the crank puller just chewed the finish and some of the metal off the cranks. It didn’t seem right to be yanking on the bearing, but I had no choice.

I’m surprised you can get profile cranks off by attaching the puller to the bulge (instead of the bearing). There was no way I could get mine off this way.

Joe

I put duct tape on the bearing puller arms to keep them from scratching up the cranks too much.

Now that my cranks are a little looser the bearing puller is easily able to pull off the cranks just by grabbing on the bulge on the crank. I have never tried grabbing the bearing to pull off a crank.

When I had my stubborn crank I tried putting a U-bolt behind the crank to give me something to grab on to. I think it was something like a 1 1/4" U-bolt. It did give the bearing puller something better to grab on to. But I still ended up needing to use a hammer and a bench vise to get that crank off.