Be afraid.

I stopped smoking today.

Re: Be afraid.

-Deborah- wrote:
> I stopped smoking today.

Congratulations!

I stopped smoking on December 27, 1997

-Mike K.

Re: Be afraid.

Did you use anything to assist you? I’m using the Nicotrol patch. I
don’t really feel like I’m jonesin for nicotine, but the physical habit
is bugging me. I miss my smoke breaks!

Mike King wrote:
> -Deborah- wrote:
>
>> I stopped smoking today.
>
>
> Congratulations!
>
> I stopped smoking on December 27, 1997
>
> -Mike K.
>

Re: Be afraid.

I quit in '98 (when my son was born).

I used the gum, and it really helped me a lot.

-Deborah- wrote:
> Did you use anything to assist you? I’m using the Nicotrol patch. I
> don’t really feel like I’m jonesin for nicotine, but the physical habit
> is bugging me. I miss my smoke breaks!
>
> Mike King wrote:
>
>> -Deborah- wrote:
>>[color=darkred]
>>> I stopped smoking today.
>>
>>
>>
>> Congratulations!
>>
>> I stopped smoking on December 27, 1997
>>
>> -Mike K.
>>
>[/color]

Re: Be afraid.

I didn’t use any aids to help me stop. I just decided one day that it
was a silly habit that I didn’t need (nor could afford). I’ve had a few
since then, while out drinking or whatever. But the number of cigarettes
I’ve had since that date can be counted on one hand. And it’s probably
been more than 3 years since the last one.

-Mike K.

-Deborah- wrote:
> Did you use anything to assist you? I’m using the Nicotrol patch. I
> don’t really feel like I’m jonesin for nicotine, but the physical habit
> is bugging me. I miss my smoke breaks!
>
> Mike King wrote:
>
>> -Deborah- wrote:
>>[color=darkred]
>>> I stopped smoking today.
>>
>>
>>
>> Congratulations!
>>
>> I stopped smoking on December 27, 1997
>>
>> -Mike K.
>>
>[/color]

Re: Be afraid.

Good for you! Were you much of a smoker to begin with? I’m 34 and
started when I was about 14. A 20 year habit is a bit challenging!

Mike King wrote:
>
> I didn’t use any aids to help me stop. I just decided one day that it
> was a silly habit that I didn’t need (nor could afford). I’ve had a few
> since then, while out drinking or whatever. But the number of cigarettes
> I’ve had since that date can be counted on one hand. And it’s probably
> been more than 3 years since the last one.
>
> -Mike K.
>
> -Deborah- wrote:
>
>> Did you use anything to assist you? I’m using the Nicotrol patch. I
>> don’t really feel like I’m jonesin for nicotine, but the physical
>> habit is bugging me. I miss my smoke breaks!
>>
>> Mike King wrote:
>>[color=darkred]
>>> -Deborah- wrote:
>>>
>>>> I stopped smoking today.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Congratulations!
>>>
>>> I stopped smoking on December 27, 1997
>>>
>>> -Mike K.
>>>
>>
>[/color]

Re: Be afraid.

When my husband quit he did the taper down approach, and did not use any
patches, gum or other assisted methods. He decided that he would make
rules about how many cigarettes he could have a day, during what times,
and just decreased the amount of cigarettes once a week.

For a few months he wanted to eat everything in sight. Nicotine is a
huge appetite suppressant, and people have to learn to deal with a
normal appetite again. He got over that, though.

-Deborah- wrote:
> Did you use anything to assist you? I’m using the Nicotrol patch. I
> don’t really feel like I’m jonesin for nicotine, but the physical habit
> is bugging me. I miss my smoke breaks!
>
> Mike King wrote:
>
>> -Deborah- wrote:
>>[color=darkred]
>>> I stopped smoking today.
>>
>>
>>
>> Congratulations!
>>
>> I stopped smoking on December 27, 1997
>>
>> -Mike K.
>>
>[/color]

Re: Be afraid.

-Deborah- wrote:
> Good for you! Were you much of a smoker to begin with? I’m 34 and
> started when I was about 14. A 20 year habit is a bit challenging!

Yeah, I hadn’t even been alive for 20 years at that point :wink:

-Mike K.

Re: Be afraid.

Keep it up. I know it’s nowhere close to the same thing, but I just quit
caffeine last week.


Jay Tierney

“-Deborah-” <deborah@invalid.work.com> wrote in message
news:3F38F0AC.5080708@invalid.work.com
> I stopped smoking today.
>

Re: Be afraid.

I’ve heard the gum helps because it takes away the distraction of the
physical habit.


Jay Tierney

“Ned Wolfenbarger” <nwolfenbarger@yesco.com> wrote in message
news:bhavm5$ngj$1@www.darklock.com
> I quit in '98 (when my son was born).
>
> I used the gum, and it really helped me a lot.

Re: Be afraid.

Jay Tierney wrote:
> Keep it up. I know it’s nowhere close to the same thing, but I just quit
> caffeine last week.
>

So did I… details next friday (maybe)…

Re: Be afraid.

I guess this is not the t-shirt for you then :slight_smile: http://CaffeineFix.com

“Jay Tierney” <jay@jaytierney.com> wrote in message
news:bhbclt$5u2$1@www.darklock.com
> Keep it up. I know it’s nowhere close to the same thing, but I just quit
> caffeine last week.
>
> –
> Jay Tierney
>
>
> “-Deborah-” <deborah@invalid.work.com> wrote in message
> news:3F38F0AC.5080708@invalid.work.com
> > I stopped smoking today.
> >
>
>

Re: Be afraid.

You can do it if you really have decided it’s time to quit you will do so.
It’s really that simple people try all sorts of stop smoking aids and don’t
succeed and then one time they just decide enough is enough and they quit
and that’s that. Hope this is your time!!!

Gary Stein

“-Deborah-” <deborah@invalid.work.com> wrote in message
news:3F38F0AC.5080708@invalid.work.com
> I stopped smoking today.
>

Re: Be afraid.

For me, I think it was more the ability to control my nicotine intake.
The patch goes on and just stays there. The gum lets you chew a little,
build up the buzz, then “park it” in your cheek until you you want to
buzz up a little more. Everyone’s different, though.

Jay Tierney wrote:
> I’ve heard the gum helps because it takes away the distraction of the
> physical habit.
>

Re: Be afraid.

I’m curious why you (two) felt the need to quit caffeine completely.
Generally, it’s pretty innocuous in reasonable amounts.

Shena Delian O’Brien wrote:

> Jay Tierney wrote:
>
>> Keep it up. I know it’s nowhere close to the same thing, but I just quit
>> caffeine last week.
>>
>
> So did I… details next friday (maybe)…
>

Re: Be afraid.

I can’t tell what’s reasonable for me. Maybe a little tea, or a piece of
chocolate here and there is ok. If I drink soda (coke) or actual coffee
(white chocolate mocha) then I get real side effects from it.

Ned Wolfenbarger wrote:

> I’m curious why you (two) felt the need to quit caffeine completely.
> Generally, it’s pretty innocuous in reasonable amounts.

Re: Be afraid.

I stopped because all of that soda was bad for my teeth. You really get
hooked


Jay Tierney

“Shena Delian O’Brien” <shena@darklock.com> wrote in message
news:bhbcpk$5u1$1@www.darklock.com
> Jay Tierney wrote:
> > Keep it up. I know it’s nowhere close to the same thing, but I just
quit
> > caffeine last week.

Re: Be afraid.

My dentist. I started drinking the stuff (pepsi, etc.) like water when
working late at night on the computer.


Jay Tierney

“Ned Wolfenbarger” <nwolfenbarger@yesco.com> wrote in message
news:bhbisq$cou$1@www.darklock.com
> I’m curious why you (two) felt the need to quit caffeine completely.
> Generally, it’s pretty innocuous in reasonable amounts.
>
> Shena Delian O’Brien wrote:
>
> > Jay Tierney wrote:
> >[color=darkred]
> >> Keep it up. I know it’s nowhere close to the same thing, but I just[/color]
quit[color=darkred]
> >> caffeine last week.
> >>
> >
> > So did I… details next friday (maybe)…
> >
>[/color]

Re: Be afraid.

> I stopped smoking today.

Great!


Roland Mösl
http://www.pege.org Clear targets for a confused civilization
http://web-design-sutie.com Web Design starts at the search engine

Re: Be afraid.

Seems like it’s sugar then, not caffeine, that you have an issue with.

I quit caffeine once a few years ago when I did the Atkins diet. I
switched to a diet soda with no caffeine and no aspartame (it used
Splenda instead). I went through about a week’s worth of withdrawals
and felt a lot like I do right now without smoking.

Jay Tierney wrote:
> I stopped because all of that soda was bad for my teeth. You really get
> hooked
>