BC wheel

hello, after conquering the unicycle i would now like to try and BC / impossible wheel. And i need a bit of help, firstly would it be a good idea to make a 26" BC / impossible wheel? and has it been tried and worked successfully before? also which is better… 20 or 26 ? as i have a 26" wheel already but might be able to grab a 20" off a mate. next i need to know someones dimensions for their BC wheel plates… e.g width and length of foot plate… and how high up the axle hole is from the footplate? Can anyone help me… then hopefully i should have made one by next Friday!

err
man i dont know mutch from bc wheel. Iam trying to make me one too

but try to use the search buttom.
it helps sometimes :slight_smile:

cheers

oh thanks cool, let me know how you get on with building one…

I had a 26" BC for a while and it was pretty cool. But you really need a 14mm axel so it doesn’t bend. Most bike hubs have a 3/8" axel, which will bend really easily on a BC.

26" is an ok size though.

You can get, now how can I describe these…

They look like a top hat, the outside diameter is 14mm and is threaded and they have a hole threaded for standard axles running up the inside.

You remove the outer lock nut from a standard axle and replace it with one of these and hey presto, a 14mm axle…

They are a cheap way of making any wheel fit in BMX dropouts.

I wish I could remember who makes em.

Aha, there we go:

https://www.jrbicycles.com/storefront/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=529

Should make life a lot easier for you!

yeah i think i know what you mean…i wanted somthing similar for my trials bike a while ago! yeah i think im going ot try and get a 20" off my mate though because its got a 14mm axel. i think ive got all the knowledge to build some now , well the triangular style anyway… but i was wondering if someone could tell me the lengths of tubing they used…? mainly how low form the axel do you have the platform?

OMG axel converters… sum1 lend me a tenner? lol

Hah I hate to say this but that won’t work for a bc wheel. It will just chance where the axel is going to bend.

we used some aluminum plates…im not sure on the thicness…a 48 spoke rim and hub…14mm dk hub…
its held up real good so far…
all of our ones with the 3/8 axle would bend from just riding or not mounting right…
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=110870473&albumID=713131&imageID=4880383

what so was it pre bent the stuff? and if so where do you get that from? it looks uber sweet!

the pre bent stuff is aluminum…
i think the style is angle iron…
we got it over the internet in america…so find a shop in england that sells the angle iron for aluminum and order some…

[QUOTE=matti_marron]
hello, after conquering the unicycle i would now like to try and BC / impossible wheel. QUOTE]

dude, you can’t conquer the unicycle. Until you can beat Kris, Shaun, and Ryan, you are with the rest of us mortals. Sure, you may ride, but there will always be something you can’t do. It is the way of the world.:smiley:

[QUOTE=matti_marron]
hello, after conquering the unicycle i would now like to try and BC / impossible wheel. QUOTE]

dude, you can’t conquer the unicycle. Until you can beat Kris, Shaun, and Ryan, you are with the rest of us mortals. Sure, you may ride, but there will always be something you can’t do. It is the way of the world.:smiley:

[QUOTE=matti_marron]

sorry bout the tripple post

It’s cool. :smiley:

yeah , i was going to say good tip but its not good enough for a triple post :wink: lol