Balance

Balance is not a general skill.

Balance is separated into different areas. Think of balance as just like being able to kick, but you know there’s a huge difference between performing a karate kick and kicking a soccerball.

That being said, I am interested in what testing someone’s balance on one foot with their eyes closed determines. Does it show their ability to stand on one foot with their eyes closed or what else could it express?

Try it with your shoes off. I’m not used to being barefooted and it gives it a completely different feel!

Balancing on one foot with eyes closed, according to the show, determines your inner ear’s ability to stabelize you, not relying on your sense of sight to spot yourself. Barefoot is easier for me, I got close to 2 min. this time (with shoes 48 sec.). This to me shows that the test has many hidden flaws. My foot cramped many times during this exercise- I should probably have more potassium in my diet. F*** bananas.
I’m bored so here’s a list of flaws in this test:

1. Level floors vs. non level
  2. Barefoot (good for some), Shoes (good for others)
  3. Nose itch/ scratch that is enevitable (bad for concentration)
  4. Are you alowed to move your foot at all? (Lack of concise scientific outlines/ directions for test)
  5. Bored again, so you come up with the rest (you know you want to)

I gave up after 8 minutes. My leg was in a pain and it was pretty boring.

Re: balance

my time was 3 minutes after few attempts ( barefooted )
but i can idle a chair on two sticks for one minute with my eyes closed
( it’s boring in school)