Backflip On A Unicycle!!!! kinda

Yeah I’ll try and have a go, I guess it could take a little getting used to. I’m thinking, I can do a flip on a trampoline easily whether I have my arms by my side or in the air. How much do arms weigh?

Let’s also remember you don’t have the “hucking” strength with a uni. Your back is bent, so you can’t throw your back into the flip, and also one arm is holding onto the seat, there goes half the whipping interia with your arms. And also the back being bent, reduces your range of motion for your arm that is free to swing around. Hmmm. One arm 50%, reduced range of motion and lack of throwing your back into it 30%. That’s my guess on how much “hucking” strength there is with a uni. That’s completely forgetting that the uni will reduce the ability to tuck into a ball, and also add weight to the outside slowing your spin more.
It can be done, but the drop will be too great, the uni can’t take it. Even seeing it done into a foam pit would not be impressive. Since then it’s just slight fear, and that’s gotten over quickly. It would be cool to see, and probably fun as hell to do, but not impressive. Now doing it into a foam pit with a drop at all, would be impressive. But you better have a 50 inch vert.

-Shaun Johanneson

We’ll never know until someone can get the right equipment, and prove us all wrong.

P.S. The ‘blah blah blah’ part isn’t meant to be offensive, I should didn’t want a big quote.

P.S.S. How is the weather so far? Hopefully its clearing up for you. Im getting anxious to see your next video.

im getting ready to go practice some more but i dont have a camera man or a witness so im not going to be trying anything to difficult. just trying to get the rotation down. i’ll probably have another vid or two up by the end of next week if not sooner.

You don’t know how sorry I am that there isn’t a video but for what it’s worth, it’s already been done and that’s a fact in my mind.

Would you believe me if I said I’ve seen a video of a guy doing a double backflip off his feet from static? Coz that, I can prove.

i don’t know wheter to beleive it or not.
a frontflip is definitely possible, i know that from my attempts, but seriously, the trampoline is just messing around. that has no effect on doing it off a solid effect other than getting the feel for it in the air.

I’m not saying it is impossible at all, but you are definitely taking the WRONG approach.

Ya, I remember Tomsey telling me about someone (Rhys I think?) doing a backflip on a uni (it was before tomsey had left to the place). And if I can remember correctly, I think it was for some video they were making.

That’s me in those pictures. Thanks for the credit!

ur not funny so shut it

woa buddy, chill down man, you din’t land it it’s ok… Not only was it a retarded idea thats already been trying into water and looked way more deece a while back BUT you had to make messed up noises when doing it. What danni told u was indeed contructive…You din’t land it; he made sure you knew that !

Im not sure, who your talking to, but if it’s me, then i realize that i didn’t land it, thats like saint peter telling a dead sky diver “hey your parachute didn’t open.” i get this, but i dont care who has been trying it, or where they tried it at, nor do i care if it’s been done before. all i care about is that im going to do it, and be able to PROVE it. i don’t think that what he said was constructive, in fact i think that it was meant to be mean; constructive is what jerrick said, giving me advice on how to learn it more efficiently. i dont get it, even if these has been tried before and possibly even landed who cares. people have landed crankflips before but whenever someone just learning them posts a video and asks for help, they get nothing but possitve helpful comments, all im asking for is the same.

hmm
hate to say it, but noone can help you here, its freaking hard, and you aren’t going to get a pointer when NOBODY (whatever) has done it.

I don’t want you to hurt yourself. I’m not going to encourage you to get hurt. The trick can’t be done succussfully. Even you do get the rotation and landing, there goes your hub.

-SJ

Not a lot. If you study circular motion you’ll see that the farther something is from the centre of rotation, the slower it will rotate(given the same energy).

Try this: spread out your arms and just spin on your heels on the floor. You won’t go very fast. Then spin again, and while spinning bring the arms close to you. You’ll see yourself going significantly faster without putting any additional energy into it.

So, the unicycle sticking out can be a very significant drawback.

Edit: I believe that the Australian guy’s done it, even though no one can prove it. Can I see the double-flip video, please?

give him sum credit guys, i bet alot of u wouldnt hav it in u 2 try a front or backflip on a trampoline without a uni let alone trying it with a uni, gd going, would like 2 c 1 were u pull it off and in the light tho or even better without the trampoline :slight_smile:

but it CAN be done successfully, and i will prove it, I’m doing it seat in front and i’ll be doing it off of at the highest a 3 foot drop, so it is just like ryan or any other trials rider landing a 3 foot drop SIF u use your legs to absorb the impact.

Go, man! Just remember to use a helmet and some matting! And maybe plastic pedals, you don’t want pedal bites on your chin, I imagine. Plus, plastic is lighter.

if you want the ultimate light unicycle get one of these!

that proto-type is sexy man lol…and yea a helmet is a must, i have shin guards but i’ll probably swap out for plastic pedals too.

You’re all doomed, doomed I tells ye doomed. You’re gonna die on that unicycle, you’re doomed. Doomed.

Worst thread ever.

Doomed.