Back on my MUni, sort of

I rode on my MUni for the first time today since breaking my ankle over 9wks ago. Boy did it feel good! Woohoo! Yeehaw!

The ankle is still a bit dodgy. Not really supposed to ride on it yet(or weight bear for that matter), but I figure as long as I don´t land on my l ankle I should be OK. Cruised the neighbourhood here in Reykjavik (where I am based for 4wks). Got plenty of strange looks: This weird guy on crutches suddenly jumps on a unicycle and rides about, then dismounts and hops around on one leg.

I´m freeeee!!!
:slight_smile: :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: :sunglasses: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Did you ride holding crutches in each arm? I think it would be a good idea, so your feet would have minimal impact on a upd. And if extended, would probably help your balance too.

When my neck heals, I plan to ride around in my neckbrace.

Whatcha doin’ in Reykjavik (besides trying to mess up your ankle;) )? Don’t mean to be impertinent (much), but that’s quite a long way from Wellington, eh? How did you get on a plane with crutches and a unicycle?

Take it easy!:smiley:

Came here for some MUni action of course! There are some really Beeauuteefuull mountains, volcanoes, lavafields all waiting for meeee!!! Really really SWEET. REALLY. Did I mention how tempting those trails look? I would recommed doing a MUni trip to Iceland if you ever get the chance.

But I will have to come back here in when I can afford to because riding off-road right now would just be stupid. XC-crutch walking is not so much fun (sigh).

My family just got back from holiday in Switzerland; the first thing my brother said when I spoke to him was “I’m going back there with a mountainbike!”… I’d beaten him to it; I went last year (that’s why they went after I raved about it so much) and muni there would be absolutely brilliant…

Mmmm, Swiss Mountains…

Phil, just me