Back It Up Muni style

Given the drought here in Texas, it’s hard to find a running creek, so I had to settle for a dried out stream bed. And since it was 73F today, there’s no chance of finding a creek with snow on it either. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hope this is OK, if not I don’t mind taking an O.

_ _ _ _muni123
_ _ _ _PeterH
_ _ _ _Gear
_ _ _ _knoxuni (set)
_ _ _ _anton005 (landed)
_ _ _ _unibabyguy (landed)

Muni Challenge #1: Creek crossing

[QUOTE=anton005;1568091]

I dug this up from an older post here…

Quote:
After searching for an answer to the issue of embedding vimeo links and finding this inconclusive thread, I figured out the problem myself. Vimeo links do not always include www. but only when www. is included will the forum automatically embed it. So if you are posting a link that starts http://vimeo… change it to http://www.vimeo… and it should work.

Thanks I will give it a try.

_ _ _ _muni123
_ _ _ _PeterH
_ _ _ _Gear (landed)
_ _ _ _knoxuni (set)
_ _ _ _anton005 (landed)
_ _ _ _unibabyguy (landed)

Muni Challenge #1: Creek crossing

Is tomorrow is the last day to post (one week rule)?

muni123, do you want to shoot a substitute clip (like riding through a pile of snow)?

Here’s a real old clip. Hope it works. I’m way better than this, haha.

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=87c08e4171f6dcb3&id=87C08E4171F6DCB3!716&sff=1&authkey=!ABztGkffUCKFgHw

Sorry it seems as though the link is not working.

On this link, I am the kid with the white shirt and orange Nimbus Oracle 24’’.

The second clip is the one for this otg.

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=530e5ddde4a4e07c&id=530E5DDDE4A4E07C!205&sff=1&authkey=!AMnfWMr0BiOQsW0

Thanks,
PeterH

Are we done with this round? If so then I think anton005 is due to set the next trick.

Rules I am using:

PeterH, it wasn’t clear but were you submitting a substitute clip (riding thru snow instead of a creek)?

Yeah, unfortunately there are no small creeks around where I live. I just conjured up an old clip to seal the deal. If you guys don’t think it’s good enough I’ll take a letter.

PeterH

allright, I’ll try and find something and film it tomorrow.

Im ready to go ride! im so ready!

here it is…

SO this is all I could come up with today… I realized how much I suck when it’s time to film something challenging :stuck_out_tongue: But I guess thats the point, to try things you normally wouldn’t.

To sum up muni challenge #2: ride on a skinney, tree, ladder type structure.

I think this works, if not I can try and find somethign differnt this weekend.

That was a decent choice and ride! Looking forward to filming this weekend.

O _ _ _muni123
_ _ _ _PeterH
_ _ _ _Gear
_ _ _ _knoxuni
_ _ _ _anton005 (set)
_ _ _ _unibabyguy

Muni Challenge #2: Ride on a skinny, tree, or ladder type structure.

That was awesome. What a cool place to ride.

Ok im curious if a skinnie for trials will work. dont have time to build one of thoes or like a narrow wall

_ _ _ _muni123
_ _ _ _PeterH
_ _ _ _Gear (landed)
_ _ _ _knoxuni
_ _ _ _anton005 (set)
_ _ _ _unibabyguy

Muni Challenge #2: Ride on a skinny, tree, or ladder type structure.

Again, a cool vid… like the music too.

What are you using for a camera setup (what kind of camera)? How do you hold the camera for the moving shots?

You look so smooth when you ride, when I ride and film it I seem like a total spaz, arms everywhere, legs not spinning smooth.

I think that when I post videos too. You see yourself with different eyes than you see everyone else. Really it’s an illusion. I didn’t see an unusual amount of thrashing in your video.

Thanks for the compliments on the video. It is a learning process for me and one that I hope to improve on. I am currently using a GoPro 3 Silver edition. It is mounted to a Joby Gorillapod Magnetic Tripod. Both purchased at REI.

The moving shots in that video I was just holding the camera with my hand. I thought they were pretty poor clips. I am looking into alternative ways to photograph while moving.

Xshot 2.0 Camera Extender - This is a product that I would like to try.

Filming is like unicycling the more you work at it the better you get. Or at least I am hoping so.

Thanks for the info. Was the resolution different when you had it in your hands vs when it was sitting in the ground? It looks different, but I’m wondering if it’s because everything is moving more.

The resolution was the same. However I tried to do some image stabilizing in iMove. Not sure it really helped. It may have actually cause the lower quality video. Still learning.