average jump hight?(please reply, would like to hear from everybody)

I cant get much height on my rolling hops, i wanna be able to jump like i see on the videos, but thats gonna take a while and im not sure how to excactly obtain that height, but with practice ill learn it =p

10 cm.

Cathy

I usually only jump up curbs, so 8".

On average… um… I can rolling hop a little over a standard park bench (seat not back). Static hop, same. SIF hop, bench and a half.

Every day… a little higher, a little smoother landing… one day I’ll rolling hop a whole Bevan! :slight_smile:

3" on a good day. :slight_smile: i prefer freestyle. i think really hard tricks and big spins is what is most impressive.

sif 60cm

everyone can jump so high!! I can do 11" on a good day:o

Hahaha, funny you should mention that. I find I improve most when I don’t practice… I hadn’t ridden trials for over 6 weeks, and the other day i went on a ride, and was doing way better than usual, until my pedal shattered.

Oh, yeah, 37" sidehops, with prehop. Rolling, ummm, 35-37", I haven’t measured in a while, and it dpends on my mood and tire pressure.

There’s no secret to big hops, just practice and push yourself. It takes time; no shortcuts. Strength of rider, height, and wieght of uni only begin to matter once you bottom your tire out on your rear. Until then, you haven’t utilized your technique to its fullest.

Like 5 inches.

I don’t know about seat-in. I don’t really use it too much (besides 360’s, and long gaps and 180’s, and over small objects blocking my path to another trials line/just cruising around etc).

But, SIF:

Static: I think the most I’ve attempted and landed is 32"/81cm…During the winter it’s hard to find the right conditions to try bigger, and really progress at all, here in Michigan.

Pre-hop: Not sure.

Rolling: I’ve never done it on to anything, besides an occasional seat-out 180 onto a small ledge (for now, being that I’m new to the skill). But, on flat, my estimate is 34-38"/86-96cm (Hey, it feels really smooth, easy, and very high…so I’m sure it’s somewhere around there).

Goals by the end of Fall/end of 2006:

1)Mount and ride round/square handrails (and am getting there without too much difficulty)…so, this also includes learning handrail variations, like rail gaps (rail-to-rail, ledge to rail, etc), hopping onto rails and riding them, pedal grabbing onto rails going to rubber and probably gapping to something (I think there’s only been a few successful attempts made by Kris Holm–maybe others–at pedal-grapping and going to rubber and then riding along a rail…So, this is years away).

2)Breaking a meter in SIF hopping. I can get there. I’m going to get there. Why? So that everything below ~40" is easier to do. Why not increase my trials skills by practicing bigger gaps, pedal grabs, ups, and drops…I’d like for a bigger pallet to work with.

Thanks for all of the videos and inspiration and community! It keeps me motivated to be dedicated and ambitious to progress, being the only rider I know of around here that does what I do on a unicycle.

Later,
Evan

rolling front hop i can hop half of chuck norris’s body hight.

5-6 in

i can rolling hop up a 70cm ledge. dunno what that is in inches…

my SIF hopping is hopeless…

i could static-hop 50cm over a bar 6 months ago, but im not sure how much it has improved because i dont practice it much.

cheers,

Max

hehe thats alrite, i compensate for ur lack of skill in the sif hopping area, and u compensate for my lack of skill in the rolling hop area :wink:

i have done 28.5 in. but normally i think like 22.:slight_smile:

32"

My best is 70 cm.
Now i can probably do lika 60-65 cm.

2 feet or so.

And most people posting here, like whats your age? I am fourteen and I just started riding again about a two weeks ago, I havent ridden since i was 13 last spring because i got flesh eating disease, i tried to ride after that several times but never really got fully back into it. But yeah yesterday I hopped onto a two foot ledge, that’s not bad for my age is it? I mean i’m not going to say its really good or anything but considering I havent ridden in so long I was pretty happy with it.

Holy crap. That sounds terrible.