Average Joe contestant

Came across this while doing my usual unicycling articles search. Any Iowans know this guy?

Raphael Lasar
Matawan, NJ

He’s in the red pants:
http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuo78

These are photos from a 23 mile Coker ride last February.

He attempted RAGBRAI this summer, but quit after a day or two?

so is this kind of recognition good for the sport or bad? i would say bad…

Here’s the link to the story. http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=57&u_sid=984619

Why?

Raphael Lasar
Matawan, NJ

How!?..

I don’t know about you but this is VERY wrong…

Unicyclists AREN’T average people…So…how come he’s a contestant?

My feelings exactly. --chirokid–

He isnt a contestent, he was a nominee that didnt get on the show from what I can tell.

I don’t think he was either(Contestant or Nominee). Someone in his family nominated him for the article.

The show is not so much about who the person is, but about looks and luck with the ladies. The idea is you get an incredible woman(9-10 looks). Then you get a bunch of guys(7-8 and below) and the guys(average joes) have an opportunity to woo the woman. Stupid show really.

on unicycles?!? :thinking:

:stuck_out_tongue:

It’s another example of so-called “reality” TV. This is not a very accurate name. It should be called “non-actors, who generaly aren’t getting paid, in extremely unreal situations” TV.

Reality TV is Cops, Max-X, and other shows where the action is neither set up nor scripted.

Average Joe is a shallow show for shallow people Anyone who puts a higher importance on what’s beneath the skin than surface appearances does not belong on the show, because that’s the show’s premise. I don’t know what the selection process was for the show; if the guys knew what they were getting into. So you can’t necessarily blame them. It’s not like going on Jerry Springer, where you know what you’re getting into.

Apologies to the folks who don’t recognize some or all those show names.

I always wondered why people would want to go on the Jerry Springer show, make an ass of themselves by learning that their son is actually the mailman’s…

Have you ever looked at the people who go on the Jerry Springer show? We’re not talking about college graduates here…

God bless them.

Raphael Lasar
Matawan, NJ

Mr Right is right here!

yea, that article would be about me

I went on the bike ride across Iowa for about 60 miles last summer and the hills of SW Iowa are not so forgiving…

Plus I didnt have an air saddle so I was REALLY!!! sore.

jp

jp unicycle.bmp (637 KB)