Average hop for 12 year old.

Haha, I haven’t really measured my max hop height, but it would probably be a bit higher using my trials vs my Muni.

Last time I tried to see how far I could hop UP, I used my summit, and hopping sif I did 4 pallets. I think that’s close to 2 feet or about 61 centimeters. I guess that’s not too bad for an old fart! I might be able to do more with my new KH trials, but I haven’t tried yet.

I can readily hop up onto a park bench (and over the top) and a picnic bench, then hop to the top of the table, but I never bothered to measure the hight, but now I’m curious.:smiley:

Haha I should have known:p

lol
naw, that is about average for flat to flat, experienced unicyclist
i hear some people can do 10 feet… … … … not saying who though, its a big secret.

well I doute I can hop 60cm, but I’ll find somthing that high and try and hop up it, if I manage to do it i’ll film it :wink:

That would be a side hop, static? I would agree that advanced riders like yourself could manage six fet, but the the average rider.

he must mean rolling

Well here’s a really quick vid of me doing 4 pallets, which measured just under 2 feet. (56 centimeters) I landed on the top pallet, but as you can see, my left foot came off the pedal!

When the swelling in my fingers goes down from the fall that followed (but was edited out! :roll_eyes: ) I will try it again!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3486133479289835704

im 13 and i can do 45-50 cm seat in rolling, about the same sif and about the same static:)

nice

I was just estimating the amount of palets it would be the hight equvilent (about 47ish cms) I don’t realy know, I don’t take a tape messure when out ridding.

I like the sound effects. The formula must be right but with a missing factor, i am 2/5ths your age and can jump about 2/5ths as high:)

Haha, I that makes me sound really old…wait…I guess I am! :wink:

This is my highest hop.

It is 4 palets and 50 cm

I was very excited when I finally did this.

“sound effects”? Here are the actual sounds from that pallet jump video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8424205531196643688

Nice going! Looks like we’re both at 4 pallets!:smiley: I’m going for five soon!

I can hit about 5 pallets with a piece of 1" plywood underneath. I am 1 month short of 13.

It seems like palets have a lot of different sizes. I have 7 palets and they are all different, but in my video 4 palets stacks up to 50 cm. For other people 4 palets = 60 cm.

I’m very close to 5 palets now to.

My brother is 12 (but not for long) and I would say he can probablly hop around 14" or a little more if he tried.

I don’t think it’s so much a matter of how old you are, but how long you’ve been riding. No matter how old you are, you’re going to get better with experiance (not with age).

Well torkerdx has only been riding for a little over a year and he can jump over .9 m. Im pretty sure age has something to do with learning ability. The older you are (to a certian point) the more coordination you have to learn new skills.