Availability of flat saddles?

I have been reading about the NNC flatfish saddle, but I’m having a hard time figuring out if such a saddle is actually available in the U.S. retail market. Like, was there a limited run of the carbon-fiber Flatfish bases only (over which users put their own covers), and now there is simply none more available? If so, what are roadies who want a flatter saddle doing? Like, is there another flattish saddle that is available in the U.S.? I have enough trouble with NC that I just can’t use an ordinary curved saddle. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks for reading! -easy in Minnie

Not sure if Pete’s still selling NNC’s but I think he is.

For those who can’t afford it:

Send Pete a pm and he shal make one

I believe Pete makes them on request as people order them.

his email is in the forum somewhere and rough guider on pricing.

The latest ones he is doing with stainless inserts and look great.

For a cheaper option get a Aluminum one welded up by a fabricator if the extra weight is no concern.

Failing this you can always stick to the flattering a poly one or wait until WHEN manufactured flat saddles appear on the market

If you look carefully at what some riders are using you may notice there are a few flat saddle prototypes out which might hit the retail market if testing proves out. I assume we are a year away from being able to order one. Until then the custom market and one-offs prevail.

Pete’s NNC seat is very high quality and now comes complete and ready to use with the foam and cover of your choice. It’s not an inexpensive option, but it is a quality option, one that won’t lose value over time.

Cheapest way to go is to make your own flat seat, there are tutorials on the Ghetto Flat Seat thread.

Like Joe suggested, there are prototypes being used/tested, but it takes time to get a new product into production, so you can either wait or do one of the above.

Flat seats are pretty sweet, I have four, three ghetto and one NNC.

[QUOTE=Nurse Ben;1592095]
Pete’s NNC seat is very high quality and now comes complete and ready to use with the foam and cover of your choice. It’s not an inexpensive option, but it is a quality option, one that won’t lose value over time.

Hi Ben,
I am still making bases, but do not supply finished saddles, the foam and cover are not included.

I send a carbon base with stainless steel threaded inserts fitted, a rear bumper, rear bumper bolts a frame decals, cost is $175.00NZD plus shipping.

To the USA the total Cost is $196.41NZD.

See pictures below of what you get.

Those Carbon Master Pieces are brilliant!

Just to clarify, for those here in the USA, the price listed above is NOT in USD, but New Zealand currency. The USD conversion is [currently] $152.24