August Unicycling

Hey guys, here is my newest video. The riding isn’t great, but it features unicycle archery and hop on wheel trials!:smiley: It was filmed in late August.

I also have a question: How does one raise the wheel closer to their rear end when tucking? I just seem to be leaning forward. I would assume it just comes down to practice, but advice would be appreciated.

Good comments are welcome:D

Very cool vid! :wink: is that a 16" ?

Thanks:) No, it’s a 20", I’m just tall.:o I think I should ride 24" street so the wheel looks normal-er.

During SI jumps the wheel cannot be brought closer to one’s butt. Instead the unicycle frame is brought more horizontal, causing the wheel to be the same distance from one’s rear, but in front of it instead of below it. In order to generate the force to pull the unicycle up one must lean forward. You are doing the right thing, you just need to bend more. To get the feeling you can lie on your back with the unicycle and practice bending at the waist in an attempt to touch your knees to your head. This likely won’t be possible but it gives you the appropriate motion. If you find this to require significant rounding of your back, then I would suggest stretching your hamstrings a bit, as the motion is the same as touching one’s toes.

To do SIF hops where the wheel can be tucked to the butt. You’ll need to hold the seat by the side near the post, and not by the handle. This will allow you to pull the frame up as you bend your legs, leaving the seat in front of you instead of under you.

Hope this answers your question.

When your hopping with your feet on the wheel with the uni sideways, is that brutal on the wheel? Seems like you could taco your wheel doing that. I’m not saying not to do it, mine is more a question about if it’s o.k. to do that (cuz I don’t know…)

ps.
I liked the video.

It’s never occurred to me that it might be brutal on the wheel…now I’m scared I’ll destroy my rim:o I’m more worried I’ll bend the longneck frame of snap off the seat. I only did the hop on wheel down the 3 set once for fear of damaging equipment. So basically, I think it’s okay, as long as I focus on proper technique when landing(not tugging on the seat too much, and landing with your weight going directly downwards.

Thanks for the good comment:)

Greetings.

I have been keeping up with your progress in the brag thread and you videos. Coming along nicely. Nice rolling hop over bar, my highest is 60cm onto pallets but I have only done it about 5 times. I will be back practicing them in 8 days once my foot is healed (about 8 days 0.o )

I also recommend investing in a Tri-pod for better filming shots and quality

Cool video.

-Brandon

I like the wheel hop down stairs.

Thanks man! I’m definitely going to buy a tripod, but I recently bought a new camera (which for some reason has terrible quality, even on the highest setting) so I need to save money:o

I hope your foot heals soon!

Thanks! It’s actually not too hard, I did it my second try:D

Nice video. I’ve just been wondering if you’ve landed a 180 unispin yet? I remember you poating in a 180 unispin thread but I don’t recall seeing a video.

Thanks for asking, crazyjoe! A few months ago, I came close, but then it was final exams and I didn’t really have time to uni:(. It’s really bothered me that I’ve never landed a unispin, and then you posted to ask if I’d landed one. I went out, determined to land one, and I landed a whole bunch!:smiley:

Here’s a video of my 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th unispins ever landed…

http://www.vimeo.com/6407690

I’m happy right now:)

You mean I inspired you to go out and learn them? That’s awesome!!! :smiley: :slight_smile: :smiley:

Congratulations!!!

Celebration!!!

fireworks2.jpg

Haha thanks Crazyjoe, you inspired me!

Cool picture:D

Hahah thanks, my foot has just about healed so I went to a skatepark and hour away from here, grinded a big ledge, half way through the grind I leaned back too much, I flew through mid air with my unicycle and landed on my back with hands behind my back. The whole skatepark (about 30 people) all just stared at me lol. Now my wrist is in bandages, strained lots of ligaments on my wrist so now I can’t ride for another 3 weeks or something! :angry:

EDIT: Oh CRAP, I’m on my bro’s computer and his account is already logged in >.<

Hahah thanks, my foot has just about healed so I went to a skatepark and hour away from here, grinded a big ledge, half way through the grind I leaned back too much, I flew through mid air with my unicycle and landed on my back with hands behind my back. The whole skatepark (about 30 people) all just stared at me lol. Now my wrist is in bandages, strained lots of ligaments on my wrist so now I can’t ride for another 3 weeks or something!

EDIT: Oh CRAP, I’m on my bro’s computer and his account is already logged in >.<

(its fine…)

Unisykolist and crosseyed are brothers?

Cool :sunglasses: