Attaching a rail adapter...?

I was at a friend’s house earlier and noticed that the neighbors were throwing away two perfectly good bicycle frames! I did what any good unicyclist would do, and packed them into my trunk to take them home and make into unicycles :). So now I have two nice frames (a mongoose mountain bike with 24"/26" rear tire (didnt measure yet), gel seat, rail adapter, and nicer pedals than what I have, and a smaller (maybe stunt bike?) bare frame).

I was thinking that it might be nice to cut some of the gel out of the seat and put it into my Torker LX seat, so I’ll handle that, but I can’t figure out how to attach this rail-adapter (i think that’s what it is?) to my seat. I would really like to be able to position my seat a little bit differently, and I can tell that this thing on the bottom of the gel seat would allow me to do this, but it has three places that attach to a seat, and my current seat (miyata style) has four…

If anyone has any ideas as to what I might be able to do with these parts, I’d like to hear them!

I was thinking of making a geared-up unicycle…

well i believe for the rail adapter you need a different seatpost

one like this http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=2&subcat=78&cat=Seat+Posts+-+Bicycle+Rail-Type&L2=Seat+Posts%2C+Clamps+%26+Components&L3=Seat+Posts+-+Bicycle+Rail-Type

o wups sorry i re read it and now after reading that i dont believe you can attach them without changing things. i may be wrong though.

Generally, if you want to make your unicycle seat more positionable, you put a rail type seat post in your frame. You then need to buy a rail adaptor that bolts onto the four hole system that a uni seat uses. So if the seat post fits, use it. But I don’t think there is a bike seat out there that uses the same rail setup, a lot of them don’t even come off.

Hope this helps.

Matt

Yeah, it looks like it would take quite an effort to get these things to work together.

Oh well.

Once I get a hacksaw from the other house I plan to saw off the end of the tube near the handlebar-holder/aligner and put a seatpost & seat in there. It will be a slightly-reclined unicycle with gears and a 700c x 35mm wheel.