Asheville Muni Fest 2012

Nice to see so many people riding together. Have fun :slight_smile:

Nice job on the video! Hope to join y’all next year.

Nice! So when is the next one? I’m leanring now by I think by next yr I should be able to join you there, so who’s the point of contact for it?

snakemau, where are you located in NC?

There are unicyclists spread throughout the state. Maybe you’re close to someone else.

Also:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/NCUnicyclists/

Great stuff!

I live in Pinehurst, NC. Anyone around?

Hmmm…

There might be someone close by, but if they are I don’t know them. I guess the good/bad news is that Raleigh is only 1 hour away and there’s a muni ride almost every single Saturday… weather permitting.

There’s also a few trails that are a bit closer to your location:

San Lee (Sanford, NC) - I’ve never been there, but I’ve heard nothing but good about the place. It should be well within the range of the Raleigh group for a weekend ride. I hear it’s fairly technical. About a 40 minute drive for you. Probably a nice place for the Raleigh group to meet you halfway.

Uwharrie Keyauwee/Wood Run/Supertree (Troy, NC) - I’ve been out there about 4 times. Keyauwee is a nice 7 or 8 mile loop perfect for people looking for climbing. Wood Run is a gravel double track, maybe 3 miles. I’ve never been on Supertree because I hear Keyauwee is the trail to ride and I don’t have the energy to hit all three of those trails. It’s more in range for Charlotte riders but I try to get out there often because I have in-laws that live within an hour’s drive. Probably a 40 minute drive for you. Probably not the best place to start muni. The hills are a cumulative killer. Love the trail though.

Harris Lake (New Hill, NC) - A hair closer than Raleigh trails. Nothing technical.

And of course all the Raleigh trails; about 70 minutes away. Something for everyone, all distances, all variety of difficulty.

Chapel Hill has some nice trails, and again those are well in range for the Raleigh group.

Greensboro has trails but I don’t know of any riders out that way, so I’ve never bothered. Too far to drive when there are so many other close and good trails to coose from.

JB thanks for the info man! I will try to hit them all! Not too far away so that’s good! now I just need my Uni to get here practice and hit it! Thanks again

Be sure to post up on facebook when and where you plan on riding once you start hitting the trails and hopefully you’ll get some company. I’ve found that riding with other people has made all the difference in the world for me.

I always like getting out to Uwharrie and our group has been meaning to check out San Lee for a while. I know Uwharrie is and I’ve heard that San Lee is a tough place to cut your muni teeth. One of those Uwharrie trips was only my 3rd time out… more than I could muster but still fun and still worth it!

Sure thing! I was hoping to get my Uni during the weekend since we had such great weather but oh well… I will arrive today so will get it together and try it tonite and I hope by the weekend I should be a man on one wheel! Then the trails!!