Article: 8 of us launched a bike ride...

Some time last week, 8 unicyclists in Brisbane rode across one of the bridges to launch a big bike ride. We each wore a shirt with the name of a town the ride passes on it, and rode several different times across the bridge. Were got this article in the Couriel Mail and about 3 seconds on the TV news as they cut to an ad. break. We’ve got quite a few unicyclists in Brisbane now…it’s great!

Andrew

This was the only mention of unicyclists, but hopefully it’ll still convince someone to take up unicycling…

miscellaneous - article ending.jpg

Love that toothy grin.
:smiley:

That guy in the front with the freaky smile looks just like my old 5th grade teacher :astonished:

Great Article and Picture Andrew. I had 15 seconds of fame on the T.V. back in 2001 at a American Car show Here in Toronto NSW. It was on our local news too. I was looking at a Black 1929 Cordy with pop-up headlights and all. The cameraman was pointing at a car when I was looking inside of the car. I still admire the Ford Mustangs and the Chevy’s.

David

Sounds good David. We were all looking into the sun, hence the strange faces.

Andrew

I got the Photo of that black 1929 Cordy I’ve taken, but the only one problem is that I sold my scanner to make way a new all in one MFP Center. (Multi-function Printer/Scanner/Copier/Fax)
I’ll try to put it up some how for you Andrew what I saw this car.
Speaking of being a 15 second fame, I thought I was on T.V. many years ago. Back in 1981 with my schoolfriend walking down the street at Parramatta NSW. I can’t remember what the news story was.
But when my school friend told me that “We’re going on the news tonight DJ” And I said “Oh my gosh- I hope they didn’t take a mug shot of me”. Thank god that it didn’t shown us on the News.

By the way, who’s the guy in front of the pic and I can recognise you easily.

David

That’s Rockley in front. One of the regulars in our group and an avid unicyclist.

Andrew