Are you 45+

Yeah, frustrating. Everyday I think of some new kind of motion I can get in so I don’t go completely crazy sitting here with my foot up. Pain isn’t so bad but the Dr. was quite firm about not doing anything that might move the broken bone ends until at least two weeks into the healing process. Then only very low intensity activities for the month after that. So, probably won’t be sneaking in any UPD ended test runs until four weeks from now.

Oh, bluesman, I wish I had a better story… I was simply walking fast and took a corner too wide and fast in my bare feet and collided with a sharp corner of heavy furniture. That simple, that stupid. :o

Any updates on your peddling adventures to share?

Just glad to hear it wasn’t Unicycle related!

Exactly! Although, I was very likely day dreaming about riding my uni when it happened:D

I remember this thread from a year or two back. I was ineligible then but now I am a good, solid 45 so, thanks for bringing it back up!
This afternoon I was interviewed by a local writer for MinnPost (online news gatherer and sometimes generator in Minnesota) regarding unicycling - especially distance riding. It is fun to verbalize all the specialized knowledge that unicycling makes relevant and memorable to us. An hour and a half just sped by! We’ll see what comes of it.
Heading off for a ride on a beaut of a day!!

That’s cool. This lady emailed me after some guy wrote her paper telling them that he sees me riding around and thought it would be a “feel good” story. So they asked him if he saw me again to get my email. I talk to so many people so it’s no big deal and gave him my email. Then the little town paper emailed me and asked if I would interview and ride for her. I sprained my ankle on a Sunday and she emailed me on that Monday. We put it off for two weeks then met, it was early September when she interviewed me and the article went in this past Friday. I thought they had scrapped it to be honest. It was a cute little story, some of the stuff she got was totally wrong, but at least it recognized unicycling to the area. When I rode this weekend one couple asked if I was the lady in the article :slight_smile: so it was cool. I hope your article comes out and is enjoyable. Hope you have a good ride. :slight_smile:

hi all Iam mark aka hiltop2 I turned 56 on the 4 of oct still riding my old uni here in ventura,CA like this site.

+55 Threads

Please check out the two +55 threads too. Be glad to have you.

https://unicyclist.com//t/calling-mature-unicyclists-age-55/101526/1

As of today, I’m eligible to post in this thread.

Happy Birthday and happy pedaling :slight_smile:

genbirch

Do you ride with the Twin Cities Unicycling Club?
I had a local paper do an interview with me and took some pictures, but the story was never used. I think the reporter just used it as an excuse to talk to me because her nieces were starting to unicycle.
I was riding not too long ago and I looked up and saw a lady videoing my ride from inside her van. She videoed for a while and then drove away.

Eligible

A little digging through threads, and I am now Eligible by over two months to post in this thread. Sweet. Cant wait to show off a new 36er build. :slight_smile:

no i’m not

I am 49 … start unicycle about 3 months ago and I am hooked! Never too old or never too late … have fun!

I have been bouncing around various threads with a bunch of you, but never really noticed this one before. Thanks for reviving it bluesman. I started learning right at 4 months ago, and it has been quite a ride! Several of us that are just learning have a thread going over on Just Conversation called Learning Journal (most of you already know) so if you are a noobie then you can come join the fun on that thread as well.

See you around the community :slight_smile:

I noticed this thread earlier and have even been eligible during my whole unicycling career (learned to ride last spring) - but this is my first post here! :slight_smile:

I’m a tweener – smack in the middle of this thread and the 55-plus. Started when I was 46. Never get tired of beating 30-yr. old mtb riders up hills!

sixty-five and twenty-nine

65 yrs old…doc told me to start exercising and work on my balance…so when I ran across my 24" unicycle , I thought I can kill 2 birds with one stone and me included. long story short I survived the initial learning process…I ride every day weather permit… I bought a 29" and changed the seat, pedals and tire…and my average daily ride is 6 miles…my longest ride without stopping is 3 miles. and my longest total ride is 12 miles… (2 hours) My favorite spot is a wetland area with a 4ft wide paved walk…with steep hills, curves and two wooden bridges that go across two small lakes…its a mile from parking and about a quarter mile in length. I usually circle it about 10 times before heading back…I get a lot of positive comments from joggers and bicyclists and I enjoy talking about my unicycle…I think people don’t expect to see me riding up on it… I am now in the best shape I’ve been in in years…I’ve learned one thing…buy a patch kit and pump and wrenchs and carry them if riding any distance…it was really windy one day and during one big gust I reached to catch my cap, the wind caught my jacket …turned it into a sail and off the trail I went…through a thorn patch and ended up walking back 2 miles with a flat tire…anyway… MY apology to Unigeezer… my daughter tells me that I should add lol to the end of my comments when I am trying to be funny…or just forget trying to be funny… so if you will unblock me (YouTube) I swear to be deadly serious about unicycling stuff from now on… I was just embellishing on airing my tire to the point of exploding and then a little more…lol

Hello all. Guess I qualify. Just starting. Or I should say saw the CBS story this morning and I plan on starting. Looks to be great fun and exercise. Easier to fit into my truck than my bike also. Will keep you all posted.

Way to go Guys

Nice to see two new riders in the 55+ category. Don’t forget to check out these two threads

https://unicyclist.com//t/calling-mature-unicyclists-age-55/101526/1

Very old thread this one. The peeps that were 45 when the thread started are ancient by now ^_^. Still I am so young not have have reached that age and I still feel like I’m 25.