are these good pedals if not any suggestions for metal pedals

Depends on your size, I’m pretty much 6ft and something like 180. I’m not smooth at all. I think I would bend those cranks from all my noobness.

lol ok well then those are out of the question :stuck_out_tongue: yeah im 6’ 2"ish and weigh 165lbs so should i get them still or would it be ok? :thinking: are they at least worth a shot ?

kona wah wahs,atomlab aircorps and straitline pedals would be at the top of my list.Kona wah wahs are good cause the pins dont come out when pedal grabbing

so what would you suggest Kona wah wahs or straightlines? they both look nice and the konas are cheaper but are they still good?

I would go with the straightlines personally. I really trust their bearings, which is often a problem with most sealed pedals, and the konas haven’t beefed up the bearings at all.

If you look at the straightlines you can tell just by looking at them, that they have beefed up the design with the extra parts on the end. Plus they have a really strong bearing design inside the pedal.

The pins on the kona’s are the same as on animals (there are two styles on the animals and the kona’s use more of the through pedal style) and they are pretty nice, but I find the straightline pins last longer and don’t get as mangled from pedal grabs as the kona’s do.

The downside to the Straightline pins, is that they are bigger, and will do more damage to your body than the kona’s. Also depending on the style of shoe you have the straightlines are more grippy.

If you have a shoe like the 5.10’s the konas will be just as grippy because they can actually stick into the rubber really nicely, but if you are using a regular skate shoe or something similar where there are more small gaps between the rubber then the straightlines have the advantage because of the larger base of the pin. In skate shoes pins usually end up in the gaps between the rubber or only partially imbedded in the rubber, meaning more likely to move around and tear up the rubber. Because the straightline pins have the wide base, they will push against that rubber more, and act more like a wedge, giving you more grip.

If you are using something like the 5.10’s or a very flat shoe with less gaps between larger tread, then they will both be pretty similar.

Long story short, They are probably both good pedals, assuming the Wah Wahs have the upgraded spindle design from their wellgo counterparts. If you want to get the best, go with the straightlines, if you don’t think you really need the best I would take padster’s advice.

After all that and a bit more research after I posted this, I really really want a pair of racelites. The whole idea of a lifetime warranty on the pedals is BAD ASS!

ok thank you very much that was very in depth it helped a lot i think im going to go with the straightlines sounds like they will be a better pedal all around i do have one question thought i have heard that the O-rings on the straightlines wares really fast is this a issue?

I haven’t heard anything like that. I know a couple people who have been riding them for a few seasons, through winter and summer without any issues, so you should be fine.

Terry mentioned that he worried about the C clamps on the ends being an issue, but not only have I never heard any issues, I took a look at some pictures of newer straightlines VS. old ones, and it looks like on the newer ones they have a less connical shape on the end and its a bit more beefed up, thus protecting the clamps a bit more.

I can certainly attest though to the fear of c clamps being a legitimate one, but I have yet to see any issues with the straightlines in that respect.

The one time I had heard of a problem with the straightlines, it was when Ryan bent one of his axles. But it turns out there was an air bubble or something of the sort (manufacturing defect) in the axle and straightline replaced them.

ok then that sounds very good thank you so much and im going to go with straightlines :smiley: they sound good

ouch…

the bearings on konas are fine.ive ridden them pretty hard and there is absolutely no wobble in them.I grind with them and the pins still dont wear down.1cm extra pedal grab cause of its slimness.Gotta get that extra 1cm :wink:

I’ve bend my right tensile crank, and i’m not very big… height: 165cm and weight: 58 kg…
And I bend them in the prehop, it is so weird :thinking: … I can post a video clip if you wanna see it…:smiley:

Your uni’s going to be nice! We definately need to ride sometime!

lol that would be nice :slight_smile: sucks that i have to wait till me B-day in july to get it tho :P:(

I quite like my Gusset Slim Jim’s. I had them for about a year before bunging them on my uni, so they were mangled a bit from bmxing. I bunged grip tape on them, and only have 8 pins a pedal, i love them. I’m running plastic Hamiltons on my main uni at the moment, but my Slim Jims are on my Qu-Ax trials for the time being.

Are you using the stock pins? I’m pretty sure you can get longer pins, which would completely fix the problem. I don’t like mine with stock pins at all though.

I think the pins that are left are the original ones from when I got the pedals. The stock pins were a tad short, but they didn’t last long on my bmx anyway.

WE can still ride even if you don’t hve a new uni.:wink:

lol ok that sounds good :slight_smile: what style do you ride? :thinking:

Mainly street, but also some trials and flat.
Edit: Actually I pretty much ride everything about evenly.