Are 32" unicycles becoming more popular?

If I am riding 10 miles without dismounting, I’m fine. It’s just a case of remounting takes a hell of a lot more effort on the 36" than the 29er, especially when I’m a bit tired and aching from spinning all day.

I used 125mm cranks for the bulk of my 36er riding, I’ve used 145 and 114 though. I’m also not much of a hopper (I can do it, badly).

I think it’s safe to say I’ve ‘stuck with it’ for long enough to decide I prefer other sizes - check my Strava usage per-bike! This includes multiple 40+ mile rides, over all sorts of crazy terrain, and even a 100k or two.

Hey Mowcious, there’s that 32er I tried :smiley: I’m up for a few rides if you are. I’ve not ridden the 36er hardly since I got the G29, so might need to give me a week of work commutes on it to get back into it!

Thanks for the advice. I really should try still stands again, never really made much progress with it but hardly practiced it either. Should also work on one-footed riding and idling, can almost do a few idles one footed.

I think it helps that I don’t practice juggling while idling in the same exact place every day. Sometimes I do it in this large parking lot that’s built on a slight hill, and this makes it a little more difficult than it has to be but I believe this will prove beneficial in the long run. Sometimes I practice on this large flat patio area near my home, but if I move some furniture I have just enough space to idle while juggling in my living room while watching TV.

Other variations include: Different tire pressures, and sometimes juggling with heavier balls.

Maybe I’m just a few weeks away from being able to do it for a minute.